overall
Brewed by Heineken (France)
Style: Scotch Ale
Rueil-Malmaison, France
Serve in Thistle

RATINGS: 300   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.29   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Made with peat-smoked malt.
Formerly 6.6% ABV. Known in Europe as a Scotch Ale.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Nate (3636) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 21, 2003
This was listed under beers in a restaurant in Reims, so I was heavily disappointed when I got this sweet smoky flat no-head watery fake-color-sportin' glass of liquid misery. I like beer. I like whisky. This was neither. I wasn't even going to rate it, but I figured I paid for it, so it might as well count.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Christian (11021) - Odense, DENMARK - AUG 17, 2003
Amber colour. I enjoyed the smoked whisky malt aroma, and don't mind the sweetness, but it's far too watery in the finish. Certainly not meant to drink more than one bottle per night.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
BroueNeault (158) - Montréal, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 6, 2003
Eurk ! Another example of sweet beer by Fischer. This is an insipid beer with caramel flavour added. Not a good beer. Perhaps not even a beer.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Hildigöltur (5104) - København, DENMARK - JUL 27, 2003
At first the smoked flavour is nice, but after two seconds it is terminated by an awful sweet caramel flavour, which is extremely cloying and unpleasant.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
badgerben (4385) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - JUL 20, 2003
I have no idea why this is made in France and not Scotland. Oh well. Golden brown color. Definite scotch aroma. It appears no one else liked the blend of beer and whisky, but I found it to be alright. Then again I had just walked 34km from Bayeux to the American Cemetary and back so camel piss might have been refreshing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Frank (2733) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 1, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 1, 2003 Attractive golden brown. Thick head. Intricate lacing. Nose is dominated with smoky scotch malts as is the flavor. Like a bad rauchbier. Has a sort of salty ham note. Gets punishingly hard to drink toward the end of the glass.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Sully (1377) - Potts Point, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA - JUN 4, 2003
Here in Australia we have beer mixed with vodka, called Carlton Cold Shot. Its more like a cheap shot and less of a beer. The French have Adelscott which is beer mixed with scotch. I'm sure just Adel would be better.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Kåstå (1273) - Mol, BELGIUM - JUN 4, 2003
Blond with a medium disappearing head. Smoked aroma and taste. A bit sweet with a neutral finish. Odd. Not a great beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
pondoshuffles (141) - Fitzroy Harbour, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 30, 2003
Amber-red in colour, this beer uses a portion of smoked whisky malt to give it an interesting aroma. The beer overall is too sweet, with the finish being far too short.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
abbotsampson (15) - PARIS, FRANCE - MAY 28, 2003
Interesting color... dark reddish-brown. But, that's really where the good points end for this beer! The nose is short and bitter-sweet... it makes me expect a syrupy palate and sugary flavor. The initial taste is quite syrupy, but the body is thinner than I expected. The finish is quite short and acidic. Overall, looks are deceiving! I wouldn't recommend this one too highly.