overall
Brewed by Heineken (France)
Style: Scotch Ale
Rueil-Malmaison, France
Serve in Thistle

RATINGS: 290   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.28   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Made with peat-smoked malt.
Formerly 6.6% ABV. Known in Europe as a Scotch Ale.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Mads Langtved (2245) - Copenhagen K, DENMARK - MAY 16, 2003
This is the most artificial shit I've ever tasted. This sucks big time. Horrible!! I got it Draught and I could'nt even finish my glass!

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
ogivlado (5402) - Zagreb, CROATIA - MAY 14, 2003
Bottled(330ml). -awful beer mixed with whisky, dark amber coloured, unpleasant sweet aroma, aftertaste is like a sweet bacon

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
fiulijn (13532) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 14, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 20, 2010 2010-06-18, 5.8% ABV, 5-3-5-2-11=26
I found it funny to get this bottle at the airport and take it for matching my sandwich in the train, after so many years since the last time I had it.

Golden color; medium sized creamy head. The smell is not encouraging: too much paper and corn, with a whiff of smoked malt, but nothing as smoked and sweet as I remember from the 90’s, when it was one of the most widely available and common beers back in my hometown. The body is quite weak; there is a cornish flavor, sweet as Adelscott is supposed to be, with a moderate smoke touch. The bitterness is absent. Good only to bring back memories, otherwise, let go.

2003-04-23, 6.6% ABV, 7-3-5-2-12=29
Orange color. Sweet, smokey aroma, pleasant. Weaker body, again smokey and sweet. Weak palate.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
brewboy (152) - AUSTRALIA - MAY 5, 2003
Now here is a quirky brew that has nip of malt whisky thrown in. Has the colour of a two teabag cup of liptons, and comes off very sweet albeit with a tangy after taste. Has a creamy and large bubbled head when poured. You'll drink this for novelty value, and won't want more than one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
LarsHolmer (112) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - MAR 26, 2003
When you see it in the glass, with its golden dark amber colour, you really have expectations when you take it to your nose it still tickles your curiousity, but once you get it in your mouth you think: Why mix two such nice beverages?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
CEZ (396) - Milano, ITALY - MAR 26, 2003
Dark orange/red in color, barely enough head. Caramel and coffee smell. Tastes like some kind of mild whiskey surrogate, with extra sugar. Burnt coffee in the aftertaste. When I said I don't mind sweet beers, I didn't mean *this*! "Hate it or love it"? If only all the choices in my life were so easy!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Voivod (304) - Como, ITALY - FEB 18, 2003
Red colour, thin head. Nice aroma, sweet and hoppy. The taste is plaeasant at the first sip, fruity (orange) with malt sweetness. After a while the sweetness becomes simply too much. Boring, but not so bad...

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
benbalbo (1) - AUSTRALIA - FEB 11, 2003 does not count
Another one who likes this beer - sorry to the masses. Now just gotta find somewhere in Oz that sells the stuff. Anyone?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - FEB 11, 2003
I know that it's not popular here, but I love this beer. I guess I just like the peat smoked taste. If you don't like that, you'll probably hate this beer. I can never find it, I had it once 20 years ago and a benefactor just sent me another one. Long wait... Thanks dude! I still love this beer. Anybody out there, I'll trade for more.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
jonas (5485) - Garching b. München, GERMANY - JAN 6, 2003
muddy aroma. Red amber, creamy head. Mud and smoke taste. The smoke is not overpowering, which is good which a thin body like this, but motelpogo is right the smoke and sweet malt needs some counterbalance.