overall
Brewed by Heineken (France)
Style: Scotch Ale
Rueil-Malmaison, France
Serve in Thistle

RATINGS: 313   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.29   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Made with peat-smoked malt.
Formerly 6.6% ABV. Known in Europe as a Scotch Ale.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
boto (1863) - Granby, Connecticut, USA - MAY 31, 2004
50cl can: An amber/brown color with a bit of a head. What is that smell? God, was it fairly sweet. There was a muskiness to it also. Kind of like ripe old socks. I really wasn’t sure what the taste is. I don’t think they put bad whiskey in there, or did they? I thought that maybe they used a different barley malt that would have made it into scotch, but I can’t figure out what they did. Hopefully they won’t do it much longer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
KingsHead (32) - Buckinghamshire, ENGLAND - MAY 8, 2004
had this at the wrong time of day I think, one of my regulars brought it along to my beer fest for me to sample, can assure yopu that its not a great brew at 12.30am. maybe if it was late in the day I would have appreciated it

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ungstrup (29369) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - MAY 1, 2004
The aroma is of rope, tar, peat, and malt with notes of sweetness. My daughter of seven thinks it smells like me!?! The color is red-orange and it has a fine but collapsing head. The flavor is way too sweet, but with nice notes of malt, peat, rope, and tar. This beer would be great if it wasn’t so sweet. It is lovely complex with great accents, but the sweetness from the added candy sugar kills the greatness, but I still think it is an interesting beer to sample.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Dogbrick (8149) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - APR 14, 2004
I kind of wondered what kind of beer this was, as the label was in French. I guess "whisky" means the same thing in both languages. Clear pale brown color with a thin light tan head. Very little lacing. The aroma is a perplexing mixture of smoke, alcohol and sweet caramel. The flavor can best be described as charred malt and bile. I could barely get down a mouthful of this stuff. Maybe the clear bottle is to blame, or maybe this is just a horrid beer. The finish is nasty and had me burping smoke flavor the rest of the evening. Truly an awful experience.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
spkldhenlvr24 (517) - Newburgh/Buffalo, New York, USA - APR 13, 2004
Ummm. Not quite sure what I got myself into with this. A boring brown color. No head. A weird aroma I can't figure out. The flavor just really turned me off I want my "whiskey" away from my beer.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
DrBeer (829) - Solna Stockholm, SWEDEN - MAR 7, 2004
Orangebrown with white head and high carbonation. Smells like a medicin cabinet and old burning tires. Awful !!! The flavor is grassy, smoked and really horrible. I tokk two sips and poured out rest where it belongs. In the sewer. After trying several Fischer beers I hereby say that they are the worst brewery in the world.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
The Etruscan (528) - Tuscany, ITALY - FEB 28, 2004
White weak creamy head. Clear amber color. Aroma is malty with a few dark fruits, grainy and strong smoky notes. Flavor is malty too, sweet with a pronounced smoky accent, ending in a short sweet finis. Medium to Full bodied.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Spiesy (2338) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - FEB 4, 2004
Canned, in Bordeaux, France. Amber with a medium to fine, light brown head. Sweet raw malt aroma, that smells like a granary. Sweet tasting, almost like raw or unfermented beer. The whisky malt is certainly discernable and gives the beer a richness and sweetness. Initial impressions where of cheapness but the beer becomes palatable with persistence.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 11/20
nancyD (1) - New York, New York, USA - NOV 3, 2003 does not count
The Best Beer I have ever had!!!It is malty, just the right froth, creamy, with a delicious flavor for a delicate palate. Overall I rate this beer with 5 stars!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
aobecksy (700) - Middle of no where, Ohio, USA - NOV 1, 2003
an old apothecary would appreciate this more than any of us; albeit I drank it in 2003 while cleaning out jsquire's closet. He claims it is 7 years old--I am not sure he knows.