overall
Brewed by Heineken (France)
Style: Scotch Ale
Rueil-Malmaison, France
Serve in Thistle

RATINGS: 305   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.29   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Made with peat-smoked malt.
Formerly 6.6% ABV. Known in Europe as a Scotch Ale.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 11/20
nancyD (1) - New York, New York, USA - NOV 3, 2003 does not count
The Best Beer I have ever had!!!It is malty, just the right froth, creamy, with a delicious flavor for a delicate palate. Overall I rate this beer with 5 stars!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
aobecksy (700) - Middle of no where, Ohio, USA - NOV 1, 2003
an old apothecary would appreciate this more than any of us; albeit I drank it in 2003 while cleaning out jsquire's closet. He claims it is 7 years old--I am not sure he knows.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
DougShoemaker (3147) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 7, 2003
Apple malt aroma, amber, medium white head. Strong malt flavour. Raspy, gritty mouthfeel. Fair.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
caesar (4954) - Bunnik/Utrecht, NETHERLANDS - OCT 5, 2003
Clear orange color, initially medium head, dying. Aroma is smoked, bacon, light malty. Taste is also bit smoked, but more malty and a bit bitter. Palate is just smoked whiskey. Quite ok brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
jerohen (1977) - Bussum, NETHERLANDS - OCT 5, 2003
Amber coloured. Aroma of caramel and obviously smoked. Smoked malty flavour with some alcohol shining through. Good balance, nice beer.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Nate (3648) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 21, 2003
This was listed under beers in a restaurant in Reims, so I was heavily disappointed when I got this sweet smoky flat no-head watery fake-color-sportin' glass of liquid misery. I like beer. I like whisky. This was neither. I wasn't even going to rate it, but I figured I paid for it, so it might as well count.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Christian (11027) - Odense, DENMARK - AUG 17, 2003
Amber colour. I enjoyed the smoked whisky malt aroma, and don't mind the sweetness, but it's far too watery in the finish. Certainly not meant to drink more than one bottle per night.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
BroueNeault (158) - Montréal, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 6, 2003
Eurk ! Another example of sweet beer by Fischer. This is an insipid beer with caramel flavour added. Not a good beer. Perhaps not even a beer.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Hildigöltur (5104) - København, DENMARK - JUL 27, 2003
At first the smoked flavour is nice, but after two seconds it is terminated by an awful sweet caramel flavour, which is extremely cloying and unpleasant.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
badgerben (4386) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - JUL 20, 2003
I have no idea why this is made in France and not Scotland. Oh well. Golden brown color. Definite scotch aroma. It appears no one else liked the blend of beer and whisky, but I found it to be alright. Then again I had just walked 34km from Bayeux to the American Cemetary and back so camel piss might have been refreshing.