overall
Brewed by Heineken (France)
Style: Scotch Ale
Rueil-Malmaison, France
Serve in Thistle

RATINGS: 300   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.29   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Made with peat-smoked malt.
Formerly 6.6% ABV. Known in Europe as a Scotch Ale.

jfortin (1) - Ontario, CANADA - FEB 29, 2008 does not count
By far and away my favorite of all beers. It has a very sweet aroma, a smoky swallow and sweet liquor like finish. I normally enjoy it with a Cuban Cohibas and smoked italian pear shaped Cacciocavallo cheese. I can no longer find it anywhere in Canada which saddens me. This beer is not for everyone, but I encourage all to try it once.

splatch90 (16) - - APR 25, 2014
Certes pas une grande bière mais pour moi un classique incontournables. Idéal pour une soirée entre pote. Follow me on instagram : splatch25

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
gduus (1) - glen ridge, New Jersey, USA - DEC 15, 2007 does not count
Michael Jackson (the beer expert not the nutty pop star) rates this beer a ’’classic." So take the negative ratings here with a large grain of salt. Using malt usually used for whiskey creates a sweet, slightly smoky flavor that is unique among beers. My favorites tend toward Belgian Ales and English ESBs, I love this beer. Try it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
benbalbo (1) - AUSTRALIA - FEB 11, 2003 does not count
Another one who likes this beer - sorry to the masses. Now just gotta find somewhere in Oz that sells the stuff. Anyone?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - FEB 11, 2003
I know that it's not popular here, but I love this beer. I guess I just like the peat smoked taste. If you don't like that, you'll probably hate this beer. I can never find it, I had it once 20 years ago and a benefactor just sent me another one. Long wait... Thanks dude! I still love this beer. Anybody out there, I'll trade for more.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BeerLimey (2154) - California, USA - NOV 14, 2001

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 11/20
nancyD (1) - New York, New York, USA - NOV 3, 2003 does not count
The Best Beer I have ever had!!!It is malty, just the right froth, creamy, with a delicious flavor for a delicate palate. Overall I rate this beer with 5 stars!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - JUL 25, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 8, 2003 Nice! Brewed with peat-smoked malt and that really shines through! Smells a bit like a Schlenkerla Rauchbier and that made it a real pleasant surprise! Very enjoyable malty brew, but from viewing the other ratings, Ringo and I are alone in this view.

jimhilt (2387) - Bow, New Hampshire, USA - JUN 28, 2007
From my notes 6/15/07 pours a one-finger off-white head that fades quickly to a thin layer, leaving a good lace. Clear amber color. Malty/whiskey nose. Light-medium carbonation and medium bodied. Flavor is whiskey, smoky, malty, sweet and smooth, clean finish. Best by Nov 2007. €5.00 ($6.85) 330ml clear bottle at Hotel Mercure Lyon, France.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Grzesiek79 (3109) - Radom, POLAND - FEB 24, 2012
leaves, spruce, cereal, alcohol, amber, hazy, minimal head, heavy cloying sweetness, medium bitterness, medium sourness, medium body, sticky, soft carbonation,