overall
Brewed by Heineken (France)
Style: Amber Lager/Vienna
Rueil-Malmaison, France

RATINGS: 457   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.42   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
A slightly roasted malt gives it a light amber color. The rich flavor dominates the malt/hops balance and is very popular among most beer drinkers.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
lizbetann (3) - USA - JUL 3, 2005 does not count
This is currently my favorite beer (not that I’ve drunk that widely). What I adore about it (aside from the oft-mentioned masons-jar-like bottle) is the intense aroma as soon as it is opened. It doesn’t have a trace of bitterness without being sugary in the least. I love it.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
djnicotine99 (17) - Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA - OCT 26, 2001
this was about the strongest smell beer i have ever had. Went down smooth. good beer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
emmuniz1 (3) - Toa Alta, PUERTO RICO - MAR 30, 2013 does not count
A floral aroma, light medium red/pink color, very easy on the palate, pleasant aftertaste and a very refreshing enjoyable taste. For amber or red Beer lovers I most definitely recommend this one!! -- rated via 'Find A Beer' for Blackberry 10

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
baseballguy (246) - Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 18, 2001
OK, I’m going to go a little higher in my rating on this beer than everyone else: I think this is a perfectly spiffy brew. I’d much rather have this bottled than a Sam Adams on draft, say (and, by the way, I love this Grolsch style of bottle). Lovely color; not exactly a complex flavor, but exceedingly pleasant. Worth checking out!

mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - FEB 8, 2003
UPDATED: APR 5, 2004 rerate 4-04 I did not like when I tried it a few years back. Now I think it is quite nice. I must of had a skunked bottle the first time. Speaking of which I love the bottle. I think it is unique. Sligtly sweet, smells nice, good color. It's a bit heavy but with low hop content. I recomend it, but it is not nearly my fave. Defenitly good in a pinch though.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Trig (4) - Howell, Michigan, USA - AUG 5, 2003 does not count
The only thing that would make this beer better would be to not have the occasional skunk. The bottle looks good, but I have had a few that went bad. A very good tasting beer. tastes light and isn't too sweet or bitter. Has a good punch for such a light taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 19/20
Jayson2425 (167) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - APR 12, 2004
UPDATED: APR 14, 2004 An amber ale that is good tasting. France made a good beer with this one. It has a powerful after taste which i didnt mind too much

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
prpplague (247) - Euless, Texas, USA - DEC 29, 2001
a very nice appearance. good clean flavor, i’d buy this one on a regular basis if it were available.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
achtungpv (214) - Austin, Texas, USA - APR 24, 2002
This is a very good beer. It’s a perfect beer for lounging, smoking cigars, and listening to live music. Smooth, mild, and mellow. Nice slightly roasty flavor. Very good lounging beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
tpedley (2) - USA - MAR 21, 2007 does not count
I have had this beer on several occassions in 2006. I found it to be an excellent beer with great flavor, refreshing and nice aftertaste. However I did notice an inconsistency in the quality and flavor of the beer in several most recently in 2007. This may explain the lackluster reviews it is receiving at least as far as flavor.