overall
Brewed by Heineken (France)
Style: Pale Lager
Rueil-Malmaison, France

RATINGS: 479   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.25/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Fischer Tradition is a smooth, complex beer which is fruity and has some flowery undertones. Savour it as an aperatif or with cold meats, cheese and choucroute.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
presario (4903) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - JUL 14, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 16, 2005 65cl. Pale yellow. Big head settles down to a thin sticky spider web-like foam. Rough hops and malt sweetness. Like a weak Pilsener. Not great and not worth $5 but better than a large number of Pale Lagers sold here.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
bmxutos (161) - Lisboa, PORTUGAL - JUL 8, 2005
Bottle, 66cl. I must confess: i bought this beer only because of the bottle. It seemed almost like a old whisky but... eyes can deceive you! Pale yellow colour with a nice sized head. The aroma reminds something like malt, metal and hops(?). Nothing very strong and nothing very good. The flavour is very watery and poor. A deception.... A beautiful package with a not so beautiful interior. Just for hot sunny days and even then....

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
frink (467) - coquitlam, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 8, 2005
Wow 5.50$ for that? Typical pale lager look and stank .Sweet metallic flavour. Not good.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
dwyerpg (5637) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUL 6, 2005
Well, its better than the amber, which does not say much I know. Iím not convinced yet that French and beer go together.

0.9
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
SDalkoholic (2339) - Linda Vista, California, USA - JUN 29, 2005
12oz bottle: Sparkles with a gold color and had a decent sized head that is a white soft pillow. The aroma was sort of like a apple cider and was actually quite nice for being a pale lager. However, the flavor was a disgusting sour and dull combination of malt and somewhat bittering hops. Had a strong metal in the aftertaste and also has a chlorine chemical taste too. Horibble stuff and i hope this beer isnít one of Franceís most popular beers because then i would think of the French as even more pathetic than i already do.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
DanielBrown (4380) - Birmingham (via Leicester), West Midlands, ENGLAND - JUN 26, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 19, 2005 On tap at Cafe de Royalty, Montpellier. I believe this is the one I sampled - the sign over the door said Fischer, the tap said Alsace and the glass said Pecheur, which it definitely wasnít. The one what I drunk were a Lager. Very clean Lager mind, with a even a sharp (hint of licorice) quality. Very quenching and repays with enough flavour to go along with the refreshment. Enjoyed this is in the circumstances.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Hawksfan17 (890) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - JUN 24, 2005
Paris - Yellow, medium sized head. Wheat in the nose and in the taste. There is something I canít quite place here, very strange aftertaste.

1.3
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 2/20
mikey (503) - farmington, Utah, USA - JUN 18, 2005
Poured a pale yellow color. Head dissapeared rappidly The nose is of cooked vegitables and malt. The taste is of sweet corn and a sharp alcohol bite. Hops are nonexistant and itís overly carbonated. I will not buy this again ever, a very poor lager. Stay away!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
swiseman (478) - Fredericton, New Brunswick, CANADA - JUN 12, 2005
I didnít expect much from this, so I was pleasantly surprised. nicely presented lager which is a little pale, but the taste is stronger than the look. lots of lacing and a lingering aftertaste. probably something I would drink again if looking for something light with taste

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
MrManning (2009) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 10, 2005
I was hearing hype about this beer, so when I saw it, I became elated, excited, and acted like a child at a toy store....."ohh can I please have it, please , please, please?" That said and out of the way, I shall continue with my rating. An upset. At first I was intrigued.....as the foam built atop the dark amber body, I wanted to shout with glee. I thought, wow, this is going to be good. But it goes to show you, donít judge a book by itís cover. Next I move to the aroma. It is folly......poor malt aroma, metal, corn flakes, sour apples. Very skunky. Offensive. So now I move on to taste, I mean, how bad can it be? it is a plethora of things gone wrong....very wrong. Immediate taste is metal, a tinnish flavour, crab apples, sour malt, sugary, and yet watery. A horrid taste. Finish leaves me wanting a coors light or a rolliong rock. Poor, absurd. Not good. If this is a tradition for Fischer, as the name of the beer indicates, then I sure hope it is not an annual one. Avoid.