overall
Brewed by Heineken (France)
Style: Pale Lager
Rueil-Malmaison, France

RATINGS: 422   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.24   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Fischer Tradition is a smooth, complex beer which is fruity and has some flowery undertones. Savour it as an aperatif or with cold meats, cheese and choucroute.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - FEB 18, 2002
Pours a nice clear bright gold, generous head and fair lace. Malt nose, start is malt sweet, the middle thin, the finish dry, light, mild hop presence. Moderate carbonation, a typical lager, drinkable, but offers little to me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
LuckeyHaskins99 (180) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - FEB 17, 2002
Had this while driving from Ohio to Wisconsin on a lost weekend. Not a great beer, we got two 12ís, Fischer, and Kronenbourg (Why we got French beer, I canít recall) irregardless, the Kronenbourg blew it away. Also had this stuff on other occasions. Coppery-bitter taste, nothing great, a darkish lager.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
RedEft (154) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - FEB 14, 2002
This stuff is terrible. The bizarre, tart aftertaste surprised me at first drink, but sorta sickened me by the third or fourth. I tried another one the next day, just to see...but it was still awful. Donít be curious with this one.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
unixweb (237) - Sherman, Texas, USA - JAN 16, 2002
Nice carbonation and initial smell, but after that itís roadkill city. Ok, it might be good to quench my thirst on a hot day but otherwise itís Pepe LePew. One of the skunkiest beers I have tasted to date. True, most of the skunk was in the first few sips but still, I do not want this one again.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Aurelius (4229) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - DEC 14, 2001
Garden variety lager. Sweet, not hoppy. Light carbonation. Slightly stinky yeast. If this is the zenith of French brewing, then itís no surprise they turned their attention to wine.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
rauchbier (3616) - Isle Of Beer, Lincolnshire, ENGLAND - DEC 6, 2001
This particular french tradition (making bland lager)should be stopped now. The only reason I buy it is because the empty bottles can be reused for homebrewing and test bottling. Otherwise it would have got a much lower rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
NJBeerman013 (1050) - Hamilton Twp., New Jersey, USA - DEC 3, 2001
Very smooth and drinkable. This beer went donít easy and does the job of refreshing thirst. I drank it while eating fish and it did not overpower the food. I would definitely buy this agian.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Heat99 (56) - Austin, Texas, USA - NOV 17, 2001
Not impressed. The beer carried a good head for a moment (a short moment) after the pour. Given it was a green bottle, I was expecting more skunkiness than I encountered. I got it off the back of the shelf, and apparently, it had not been in too much light. Lucky me! I felt this was a very watery beer. Great to quench the thirst, but not to appease my palate. It was very carbonated and had a nice golden color...other than that, there was nothing worth mentioning.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
K-V-F-L (292) - LaVista, Nebraska, USA - OCT 17, 2001
Well put together, but not too distinctive, on the whole.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20