overall

RATINGS: 36   MEAN: 3.01/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
Hartung32 (234) - Indiana, USA - JUL 9, 2013
One of the most unique beers I've ever had. Sounded terrible; tasted great. The name says it all. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Suttree (5266) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - JUL 24, 2013
I get the "cucumber" part, because it has a lot of cucumber character to it. Itís the "kolsch" part that seems weird. Nice assertive cucumber aroma and flavor, and a hint of malty sweetness. There is also a hint of hop bite at the end which is kind of unexpected but nice. I enjoyed this probably way more than I should have.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
J_man (734) - Tustin, California, USA - FEB 23, 2014
12 oz. bottle from Big Red Liquors in Carmel, IN. Awesome fresh, vegetal cucumber aroma from a fairly clear pale yellow body with a sudsy white head that regenerates with every swirl of the glass. Cucumber juice is the first flavor that hits and is obvious but not overdone in any way. This is followed by a hay-like dryness and barnyard funk similar to a Saison. I would have guessed this to be a Saison if I didnít know it was a Kolsch. The carbonation gives this a creaminess that lasts to the last sip (and keeps that nice white head going strong). The finish is dry with more cucumber and hay. This might be labeled one dimensional in some ways, but that dimension is deilcious! Very refreshing and this is really a treat if you like fresh cucumber flavor. Wish I could get this out here regularly in CA, but Iíll have to settle for picking it up in Indy next time Iím visiting!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jhp40219 (319) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - JUN 29, 2013
Rule 34-A: If it is eatable or drinkable, thereís beer of it. 12oz bottle poured into a pint glass. Pours a clear golden color with a two-finger white head that leaves plently of lacing. Go ahead and take a wild guess at what the aroma is. Hey, youíre right! Not picking up anything else but cucumber in the nose. Taste is fresh cucumber very up front and strong, backed by salt, bread, light citrus, a hint of pine. Big taste, but still light and crisp. Taste is really starting to grow on me after a few drinks. Leaves a strong, lingering cucumber/dill pickle taste in your mouth that will not go away, (not a bad thing, in my opinion). Medium to light bodied, slick, sticky texture, average carbonation. Overall very nice! You have to be ready for this taste though. This is absolutely not for everyone. Would go great with a salad! I only bought one bottle as I wasnít sure if I would like it or not. Now Iím wishing Iíd got the whole 6-pack. Refreshing, crisp, very different and definitely original!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
JoePeesie (879) - Long Lake, Illinois, USA - JUL 12, 2013
Pours a nice light gold with a touch of white head that fades face. The smell is a cucumber slap to the face, smells fantastic. The taste is crisp and refreshing. A little bit to much cuc for my liking, it almost came across as an artificial taste. Thatís said itís a very good summer beer that I pick up regularly if I lived in Indy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
WozWx (83) - Lafayette, Indiana, USA - JUN 23, 2013
This is a really weird beer, and tasted/smelled strongly of cucumbers/pickles. It was pretty refreshing, but I donít know how much of it I could actually drink!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
SpringsLicker (3170) - Tennessee, USA - AUG 30, 2013
Clear medium yellow body with a fleeting white head. Aroma of fresh cucumbers. The flavor is more cucumbers. I donít really care for cucumbers, but this delivers what is says it is quite well. No real hops come forward here or malts either. Crisp and clean.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
hopscotch (9556) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - DEC 3, 2014
Bottle... Pours clear and yellow with a huge, rocky, white head. Fantastic retention. The aroma features huge, freshly sliced cucumber. Medium-bodied with a creamy mouthfeel and airy carbonation. The flavor boasts refreshing cucumber up front and then bitter, rindy, tannic hops on the backside. Mid-length, bitter, gherkin finish. Bottle courtesy of StFun!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
Patrickctenchi (4110) - Coxís Knob, columbus, Indiana, USA - JUN 2, 2013
Draft: Clear, pale gold with a moderate white head. Aroma is fresh cucumber. Taste is strong cucumber, malt.... A bit of grassy hops. Not as salty as some other cucumber beers, but conveys the essence perfectly. One of my favourite odd-ball ingredients to beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Block (1520) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - JUN 29, 2013
I thought this beer was really cool. A little bit of cucumber in the aroma. A very light body with a nice cucumber flavor. Unique and refreshing. I didnít know what to expect but I thought this was really nice.