Flat 12 Flat Jack Pumpkin Ale
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 32   MEAN: 3.26/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.17   IBU: 22   EST. CALORIES: 171   ABV: 5.7%
When Fall rolls around, so does Jack. Provided he stays away from marauding trick-or-treaters, this bright orange gourd-like squash from the genus curcubita (Thanks Wikipedia!) finds his way into the mash of this Flat12 seasonal pale ale. A special blend of Indian(a) spices and pumpkin shine through just enough to complement this slightly sweet and malty tribute to the season of hayrides and bonfires. Flat out fantastic.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
hopslammer (30) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - OCT 9, 2012
dear lord. I had had this on tap and thought it was pretty good. Then I found it in bottle form and thought "it’s fall, I ought to get a seasonal appropriate beer" and it fell into my hand. On tap it was delicious (from a bullet over 3 weeks ago {give or take}) but I can’t remember much else. In bottles, though, i feel like it tastes better than on tap. It is a sweet beer that creates an incredible head. This, however, leads to an over approximation in the mouth. It felt like i was drinking slightly flat soda, that is to say, it was more bubbly than other beers I have had, but not enough that i thought I should see ’Shasta’ on the label. Drinking/smelling this brings me to November, with the family gathered to drink a toast to everything that is going or is hoped to go well. I sincerely smell that pie in the oven as dinner progresses. These guys make a Glazed Ham Porter as well and if I had the opportunity, I could have just drank my Thanksgiving meal away (and who doesn’t want to do that?)

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
patrick767 (3570) - fort wayne, Indiana, USA - SEP 18, 2012
tap at Ft Wayne OktoBeerfest - Pours slightly hazy yellow-gold with a lingering white head. It has a spicy aroma and a spicy pumpkin flavor. This beer is medium bodied and has moderate hops bitterness. Overall it’s alright.