overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Huyghe
Style: Belgian White (Witbier)
Melle, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 47   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.99   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Aubrey (3417) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - JUN 22, 2005
How weird this beer was with its opaque green hue and all. Had a light and refreshing quality (albeit a little watery), but that was quickly tamped out by its flavors and aromas. Take one blender and add 6 ounces of Lemon-Lime Gatorade, a tablespoon of Sourpatch Kids and Gummybears candy, and 8 ounces of Lipton Green tea. Aftertaste had some tannic bitterness coupled with some rude off-flavors. Not very fun.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Kinz (3188) - Glen Allen, Virginia, USA - JUN 6, 2005
Draft at Capital Alehouse. Uh-oh. My glass is a glowing bright green. It looks more like a margarita than a beer. Uh-oh number 2 - it smells like a margarita too, a bad margarita made with artificial lime mix as opposed to from scratch. And that is what it tastes like, the third and final uh-oh. Sweet, artificial lime and other unknown fake fruit flavors. Nothing even remotely beer related here. I tried re-setting my mind, pretending I was in a cheap Mexican restaurant on dollar Margarita night. Even with a successful change of perspective, this wasnít even a passable margarita. Just awful. I think I might have liked it when I was eight, but I wasnít drinking beer quite yet at that age.

1.3
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
pivo (2542) - GERMANY - OCT 13, 2004
This is a bizarre, odd beer. No doubt about it. Yet I was strangly attracted to it. The smell reminded me of a childhood candy - maybe Fruit Stripe Gum or similar - and it must have triggered some positive emotion in my head. When you get down to analyzing this technically, it sucks. No bones about it. The kooky green color gives that away immediately. Comes off like a wine-cooler. Itís really like drinking candy in a glass. Thin and watery. This is just a gimmick, but worth a try just for the bizarre-ness of it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
lachesis (756) - St Idesbald, BELGIUM - OCT 12, 2004
Draft at ít Brugs Beertje. Hazy greenish beer(Beer???). Looks like bad witbeer mixed with lime-limonade. Smell of sour lime cheewing gom and other fruit candiís. The taste is even worse. It taste like oxidized witbier mixed with water and colored with some cheep citrus sirup. The afthertaste is chemical like and you need at least 1 liter of water to rince you pallet.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
TheBeerGod (5045) - Newport News, Virginia, USA - OCT 8, 2004
Draft at Delirium Cafe. We saw this when we were with DrNate03 but I thought later I had to try this for the novelty. Wishing I hadnít. It indeed comes out a clouded green. Like a darkened anti-freeze. Nose is a sickening fruit aroma with lime and god knows whatever else. Maybe rotten flowers. Itís sort of an artificial fruit nastiness. Taste is much the same. Ungodly artificial fruuits flavors with sort of an odd papermill type taste. Body is sort of sharp but thin. Sort of slimy without being thicker. Finish is more of that fruitiness. Nothing more than a novelty, really. Why bother?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
YogiBeera (2435) - Hamburg, GERMANY - SEP 11, 2004
Jesus - this must have been brought by some aliens from outer space - it has a disgusting light green color that makes you think it is body liquid from a little martian guy. It has a spare head. It smells like passipon fruit and also soapy. Also a chemical passionfruit taste. Yuck - I saw a lot of girls drinking this at the Belgianbeerweekend - may you all transmute into little ugly cacti - YEAH! :-)

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
JorisPPattyn (7715) - Antwerpen, BELGIUM - SEP 5, 2004
Opaque GREEN colour - TRUE! - with yellowish shine; under snow-white head. Iím not inventing anything! Iíve had Fanta lime, and some other lemonades smelling exactly like this. I canít describe it though, words fail. Taste: OHMEGOD. That anybody might ever confuse this with beer! Palate: Iíd like to write disgusting. Letís keep it on light. There ought to be a limit SOMEWHERE. This exceeds any limit. Itís limey, with my apologies to the B ritish.