Flossmoor Station Shamrock Stout

(RETIRED)
Flossmoor Station Shamrock Stout
     click to upload

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 2.9/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.81   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Iron Hosrse Stout aged on fresh mint leaves. Available St. Patrick’s Day weekend, 2007.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
DrnkMcDermott (2821) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - MAR 18, 2007
UPDATED: APR 18, 2007 Draft goblet, FSRB. Pours solid black with a light layer of foam. Dry stout smell with a bit of mint around the edges. Taste comes down to whether you like mint in your beer. I liked it a lot better in the Christmas Chocolate Shout. But I’m not sure I cared for this. The mint taste does give the beer a chocolate impression at first, but it also brings out a harsh astringency from the dark roast malt. No hop match to give it balance. And I may just have a bad reaction to it. Astringency more pronounced at finish. I’ll leave others to their opinions, though. And maybe shamrocks themselves might contribute something to a beer? Or a shamrock honey mead, perhaps?