Flossmoor Station Wassail Wheat
     click to upload

Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.33/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.94   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Day 8 of the 12 Beers of Christmas

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
RAYBOY01 (2012) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 20, 2009
#8 of the 12 Beers of Christmas: Not a fan of the base beer, I never order it, Iíve said over and over again it needs to be hopped-up like a Gumballhead, or something!, but this fake cider version actually improves upon the base beer. No cider in this at all, but a nice fake-out by Bryan with the addition of chamomile and winter spicing. Very drinkable and repeatable, amazing as that is. Nice entry into the series.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
TheAlum (5205) - Lisle, Illinois, USA - DEC 19, 2009
On tap at the brewpub (Flossmoor, IL). Day 8 - I get tired of going to these. Pours a typical golden amber hazy hue, darker in my perception, than itís bsae with a decent offwhite head, laces ok. Aromas are very fruity, citrus and some esters, a touch of holiday spice, cinnamon and clove, a bit on the sweet side for my liking, but finishes dry yet a lingering spiciness on the palate. This beer certainly goes down, but it has me seeing shades of Holiday beers that I donít like to venture into much. True, winter beers are generally my least favorite style wise, but this was just a little off in my book, and not necessarily to my palate tastes.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Cornfield (5362) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - DEC 19, 2009
On tap at the brewpub as Day 8 of the 12 Beers of Christmas: This turned out to be quite a refreshing brew. With a careful balancing of spices, Mr. Shimkos made this seem as if some cider had been blended in. Add to that some citrusy flavors and a soft Christmasy spiciness, and you end up with a tasty quaffer, low enough in alcohol to allow you to safely savor a few of them.