Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 110   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.12/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Aviator Red is a full bodied, malty red ale brewed from the finest ingredients available anywhere. We use a blend of six of the highest quality malts to give Aviator its rich malt flavor and signature ruby red color. We select only the best hops to balance the robust malt flavor to arrive at a beer with a very drinkable finish. We brew Aviator Red to please the palates of our harshest critics - us! We hope that wehn you enjoy a fresh Aviator Red that you will join us in a toast to our friend Red.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
swoopjones (7013) - Buffalo, New York, USA - MAY 8, 2007
On tap @ Coles Buffalo NY. Decent locally made brew. Tries to appeal to the masses rather than the knowing. Can have one here & there

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
hopson (635) - Williamsville, New York, USA - MAY 7, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 10, 2008 bottle- want to support this beer, being from the area, but it really is not my style. Fairly caramel like malt flavor, not much hop presence or aroma. Not that memorable. draft rerate- 3-10-08- more enjoyable from the tap as the roasted/toasty flavors really come out. Not as bad as originally thought.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Brewbie (465) - New York, USA - MAY 1, 2007
bottle. amber, small lingering head. malty aroma. smooth, slight bitterness on the tongue. easily drinkable, but not outstanding

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Ambrose (141) - East Aurora, New York, USA - MAR 31, 2007
Good beer. A buffallo brew. With this and the way the sabres are playing we will soon rule america. Watch out you tools!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
jason (1737) - Easton, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 25, 2007
Bottle. Cloudy amber body with very thin head. Aroma is of malt, caramel. Flavor is sweetened by the malt and a big caramel flavor. Very metallic taste. I was in a mood for a lighter beer on a warm day but this one feel short despite my thirst.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
hopdog (10255) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 18, 2007
12oz bottle acquired in trade with doclock. Opened to a very loud pssst and proceeded to pour all head. Poured a medium orangish color. Aromas of caramel and roasted nuts. Tastes of the same. Thin body. I found this one to be really boring.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 9, 2007
Nice polished-copper body with a modest, filmy off-white head. Notable edge of roasted barley lends a coffee quality to the aroma; also has some toffee and light hop spice underneath. Flavor is grainy and lightly astringent with some sweetness that reminds me of cola syrup. Chalky quality on the palate. Overall, this is not to my liking.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
cheap (4751) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 11, 2007
I didnít recall seeing this on anybodies favorite list so I have passed over it for about 3 months at the beer store. A malty red ale it says. Has a nice picture of americas finest historic prop fighter on it. After two lighter lager beers Iím looking for something with a little kick in it, and I found it. Pours impressively dark brown in my steeler stein. Has a light alabaster head that just sits there. Has a very slight aroma of roastyness to it. Taste has a good dose of hoppy or maltness to it. I canít really see any red in the color. It says that they are trying to please their harsh critics and if their harsher critics like astringent bitterness it is getting there. Not as hard hitting as an imperial stout but has some qualities of an IPA or Dunler Bock. Since I donít particularly care for beer that is bitter and lingering, this is not one of my favorites. Finish is impressing and lasts for a while; you get your moneys worth on the lastingness. On par with carlow ohara but not as good as smithwicks. Im betting this is +5% alky.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DocLock (8798) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 15, 2006
Bottle from Patís. Pours a great clear ruby shade, with a sizable frothy khaki head. Aroma of cabernet, slight brown sugar and nuts. Tastes caramel malty, nutty, with a walnut/hazelnut, and a good deal of cabernet grapey flavor. Medium palate with decent balance and complexity. I like this one a lot more than most, and I consider it a top tier red ale, one of the finer examples of the style that I have yet quaffed.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
bigrond (1499) - factoryville, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 12, 2006
UPDATED: DEC 19, 2006 his beer is a poor tasting brew. But at least it has some quailites of an irish ale. Probably the most flavorful of the variety pack but I will most likely never buy this beer again