overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 50   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.72   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Light bodied golden beer, very balanced flavor with soft, clean finish. Available bottles at your favorite store and at an increasing # of bars.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
rob897 (62) - Buffalo, New York, USA - JAN 17, 2008
Local brewery for me which is nice to see. This lager was long waited for by me and I appreciate the overall flavor, characteristics of this brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
rampmaster (642) - Alden, New York, USA - SEP 6, 2008
Presentation: It was poured from a brown 12oz. bottle into a pint glass. Appearance: It had an interesting hazy appearance with lively visible carbonation and a deep or old gold color. The head builds up big, thick and foamy. It has a light creamy tan color with some speckles of brown yeast sediment from the bottle. Smell: The aroma has hints of floral and earthy hops and yeast. Taste/Mouth feel: The flavor has pleasant light bready malt presence with an earthy yeast character. Also there is a slightly astringent hint of green apple and mild hops that adds a nice balance of bitterness. The hop flavor fades off nicely into the semi-dry finish. Its carbonation is good and lively with a slick easy drinking texture and light to medium body. Notes: This is a good solid brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
ClarkVV (3891) - Allston, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 15, 2007
UPDATED: NOV 19, 2007 Bottle drunk on 10/24/07
After a good run with American golden ales and lagers about a year ago, I havent had a good one in some time, so this was a pleasant and very unexpected surprise.
Lovely appearance definitely signals good things to come. Massive white head is wonderfully retained and shows moderate lacing. High clarity in this brilliant golden beer.
Freshly hopped with lemon and fresh, succulent herb and spice notes balancing the dry, but not overly attenuated maltiness that, while not incredibly complex, does still give an honest honey-dough-like character that is free from any stale or cereal-like qualities. Maybe a touch of waxiness or vanillin, but it’s minor and not really apparent in the flavor. Yeast is not apparent in the aroma, nor alcohol. Medium-high strength.
Superb flavor, with a crisp finish full of yeast and bristling with dry, grassy-herbal hop notes. Elevated carbonation levels keep it highly drinkable and help distribute the residual malt sweetness. Definitely a bit of lagering flaws, though they are very light. Some waxiness and corn-like notes build up, giving the feel of artificial sweetners, but the hops and yeast crispness are so delightfully, I feel they outweigh the flaws.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BEERGUY007 (206) - Scotia, New York, USA - JAN 14, 2008
I agree with the last few reviews. This is an ok beer. 12 ounce bottle from Glenville beverage. Ours a cloudy golden color. Head was nice but it disappeared so quickly leaving no lace. Hoppy, not very bitter. Carbonation is nice, not over powering. Smooth taste. I would have this one again. Im wasn’t sure if I would like this one. I feel ba dabout being skeptical of local beers, but Imlearning we have a lot of nice beers in New York State. Ask me, Ill tell you all I know. Should take 2 minutes, but seriously, NY brews some nice beers. Im actually surprised that the rating is only 19. Surprises me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
ReedBraman (3) - USA - JAN 3, 2008 does not count
Real good malt character. I love the aftertaste...has the malti-sweetness of an amber ale. Not strongly hopped but I don’t really miss it. My only problem is that the 6 pack I got was very flat. Hardly a noise when I cracked each one. I feel that had this had more carbonation my rating would have been a full point higher (as would my drinking pleasure). I’m guessing this is mearly a production flaw; I’m sure I’ll give it another try seeing as it’s my hometown brewery.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
blipp (5827) - Newark, New Jersey, USA - JAN 11, 2008
Bottle. Appearance: Almost clear pale gold, thick white head. Aroma: Citrusy hops dominates. Palate: Medium. Flavor: Very crisp and fresh. Hops is well balanced by a nice sweet malty back. Lemon, honey, a hint of spice. Overall: I had to knock it up a few points for being a home town brew. Not an excellent beer but very drinkable and enjoyable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
JohnBarleycorn (537) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 25, 2011
Bottle. Rich gold appearance. Typical hops/malt lager aroma profile, but with a surprising berryfruit accent. Both refreshing and rich flavoured, with a pleasant gritty mouthfeel and evident quality ingredients. Well-balanced hops and malt flavour with a spoonful of strawberry on top. A quality lager.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
SoBloHero (56) - Buffalo, New York, USA - MAR 12, 2008
A better beer than its rating gives it credit for. Very drinkable, nice overall flavor

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
pete4999 (991) - Buffalo, New York, USA - JAN 17, 2011
Huh...I could’ve sworn that I drank and rated this just a few weeks ago. I had it on tap at Colter Bay in Buffalo, NY. Regardless, this was a bottle. Poured a clear gold, light bubbling...nice little islands on the head. Smells of toffee, banana bread. Taste is similar, really thin mouthfeel, easy to drink.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
guzzler67 (1490) - Hanover, Maryland, USA - OCT 26, 2006
Golden yellow appearance with a large, billowy white head. Muted aroma; malty, a bit flowery. Light to medium bodied, well carbonated mouthfeel. Smooth, malty taste; some hops are detectable but not prominent. Thankfully lacks the vegatel, rice/corn adjuncts that often spoil this style.