overall

RATINGS: 2046   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.3   IBU: 35   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Dry Hopped with a load of Cascade hops grown in the Pacific Northwest. Doggie Style has enough hop character to satisfy hop-heads, but isnít overpoweringly hoppy. Itís brilliant amber-copper color and pleasant malt flavor comes from the addition of Carastan malts.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
foduck (330) - Denton, Texas, USA - AUG 10, 2002
This is mostly aroma. Smells great, cascade hops. Looks great, big rocky head that lasts. Itís just too light in the finish, I think. Good for rehydrating, I guess.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Racegoer (353) - Indiana, Indiana, USA - AUG 2, 2002
Hey I am a dog Lover, just Look at my profile.I also like Pale Aleís, but my favorite Pale Ale this Summer is from Sierra Nevada, not a bad APA, but not in the top 5 either

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
davidoc (113) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 29, 2002
Not exactly what I was expecting. This beer was a bit too bitter.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Aurelius (4453) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JUL 26, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 22, 2013 Doggy, indeed. Perhaps collected near a hydrant. Stinky. Grassy, vegetable flavor which reminds me of carbonated collard green water. Dark tan, lame label. Unfit for human consumption.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ElGaucho (2256) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - JUL 26, 2002
I canít remember the last time a whiff of beer was so promising. Strong hoppy aroma is delightful. Flying Dog really pays attention to aroma, and we canít discount that. My well meaning wife served this beer to me in a frosty mug, which overly cooled the beer and made me wait for it to defrost before I could actually judge its color. Head is thin, but a good lace remains. Good bitterness, but lacking the counterbalancing sweetness that would make it extraordinary. However, the flavor got better as it warmed; bad wife. The result is a good, but unmemorable brew. Donít get me wrong, I like it a lot, and itís quite drinkable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 25, 2002
(on draft at Rayís) The only annoying thing about this is that it seems so one dimensional - just that cascade HOP - not backed up by enough malt presence. Itís like maybe a lighter imitation of Sierraís pale ale. This is passable, but could use some improvement.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
nstal (237) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 22, 2002
Good pale ale that turned me on to Flying Dog beers. Strong floral hoppiness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 17/20
prpplague (247) - Euless, Texas, USA - JUL 14, 2002
definetly a buy again brew. nice aroma with a copper red color, mild flavor with ciric overtones, and a mild finish. this is a little light on the hops, but this is a brew iíd by a six pack of just to drink at leisure.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 12, 2002
Hmm...ídrink by last year.í Oops. Got more head on this beer than on any other. Nice dark orange color, slightly fruity smell. Very light aftertaste, to go with a pretty subtle taste. Not a bad beer at all. Will have to re-rate with a younger bottle.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUL 12, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 1, 2004 Clear light copper color, decent size white foamy head, light bready and citrus aromas, balanced malt and hop flavors. Light to medium body with a watery and somewhat thin mouthfeel, finishes with a mild bitterness, very average and middle of the road pale ale.