overall
Serve in Stem glass, Tulip

RATINGS: 546   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.93/5   SEASONAL: Spring   IBU: 27   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
“Garde Dog” Biere de Garde is unfiltered with a hazy, deep golden to light copper appearance. Brewed with domestically grown French Hops and German Pilsner Malts, it gives craft beer drinkers a very enjoyable, light-bodied, subtlety sweet beer with toasty malt undertones. Garde Dog is the perfect compleiment to lighter fare such as seafood, salads, cheese and Middle Eastern and Indian foods

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
steview (1037) - Petaluma, California, USA - JUN 5, 2012
I need to stop buying Americanized French ales. Actually, the last I had was Green Flash’s saison and that was in a different setting as where I am right now (at home, with it as a dessert rather than at a bar with company). The two taste similar. The palate especially -- too spritzy and light for me, but that’s when it’s out of the fridge and that is what I think it ought to be really. However, for a beer to be kept for aging, I’m doing it wrong. It’s better a little bit warm (some nice dough comes out and the mouthfeel is heavier) and I’ll save the rest of the pack for awhile from now. I’m not sure what to rate this as it is, but if the brewery releases it without aging it, then I see it as fit for immediate consumption. I would enjoy this a lot more when paired with food. It compliments others not itself.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
keanex (1762) - Atco, New Jersey, USA - JUN 4, 2012
Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a Duvel Tulip, 2012 release.

A: Hazy amber/golden body with a towering off-white rocky head despite a moderately gentle pour.

S: Rather bright aroma with slight peppery spice. Mild citrus brightness from this, mild toasted malts.

T: Sweet slightly toasted malts with semi-sweet citrus, some caramel notes as well. A peppery spice hits the back of my throat. This is interesting, and has good complexity to this.

M: Medium bodied, with fresh carbonation on the tongue.

O: I’ve not had any other beers from this style, but this is intriguing enough for me to look into others.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Vir4030 (598) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 4, 2012
I have no idea what Biere de Garde is supposed to be, so this should be good. Lots of foamity foam. Kind of an alcohol aroma. Sour mouth. Unsure.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Benjii (3049) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - MAY 28, 2012
In bottle at the Delirium Cafe, Brussels. Pours a dark golden colour with a fair white head. Aroma of alcohol, candy sugar, caramel and alcohol. Similar flavours with lingering candy sugar and alcohol. Mild carbonation and CO2 prickle with an oily mouth-feel. OK.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
rumproasts (4862) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - MAY 19, 2012
golden with one finger head. fruity and tart with some funk. really like this one. smooth and very easy to drink.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Elwood (3336) - Leesburg, Virginia, USA - MAY 17, 2012
Serving: 12 oz. bottle from State Line Liquors. It pours a hazy light gold with a rocky and active white head. The nose has a bit of yeast, coriander, straw, and dry grass. The flavor is grassy with light Belgian yeast, bubblegum, spicy hop notes and a slight metallic bit. Light in body with very high carbonation (a bit too much in fact) but short, clean finish. Not bad, but it lacks some of the farmhouse character in more traditional examples.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
alobar (3502) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 12, 2012
Cloudy straw yellow color with a white soapy head. Aroma of lemon, grass, and yeast. Lemon and grass flavor with hint of Belgian yeast. Creamy. Decent beer for a style I care little for.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Onenote81 (1002) - Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA - APR 23, 2012
This is my first of the style. I know this isn’t the best representation, but it sure is the most accessible. Poured into a white wine glass. Pours a translucent dark gold. A large inch-thick white head tops it off and retains extremely well, as it is constantly fed by the ever-rising bubbles. The nose is ripe with floral tones, buttery bread, yeast, subtle spice. Really lively mouth. Bubbly pop at each sip. The flavor profile really reminds me of a mild Saison, which I guess is sort of the point. Yeast-y, but not overly so. Actually, there’s some nice pale fruit flavors pulling through, mixing well with the husky dry back end. This is a decent drink right here. My interest is only piqued now. I enjoy a Saison here and there, and I will add this to the list of a style I will revisit time and again

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
marcus (9028) - Sacramento, California, USA - APR 20, 2012
Bottle from Total Wine, Sacramento. Pours cloudy golden wtih a massive off-white head and a fruity aroma. There is a sweet pilsner flavor with a strong yeast presence and a slightly sour finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
BVery (9514) - Plymouth, Minnesota, USA - APR 19, 2012
Bottle. Hazy bright yellow pour with a white head. Nose is Belgian yeast, grain, and malt. Moderate palate. Taste is light and refreshing - lemon, grass, yeast, and malt. Nice brew.