overall

RATINGS: 2357   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.88   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 85   EST. CALORIES: 276   ABV: 9.2%
Like Hunter S. Thompson...Gonzo Imperial Porter is deep and complex. This turbo charged version of the Road Dog Porter is mysteriously dark with a rich malty body, intense roasted flavors, and a surprisingly unique hop kick. With Gonzo weighing in at 9.2% ABV, it will bite you in the ass if you don’t show it the proper respect. IBU’s: 85

Piggy (27) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - JUL 28, 2008
Bottole. chocolate almost black with a thin off white almost brown head. Aroma very poweful chocolate with a mix of coffee lots a alcohol. Taste strong alcohol coffee mix with some smokeness add to it! Very good!

abb73 (27) - Orlando, Florida, USA - JUL 2, 2006
The aroma is of caramelled malt. Pours a completely opaque deep, dark brownish-black with a dense chocolatey head that leaves a nice lacing. Flavors of smooth caramel, bitter sweet German chocolate, and espresso end with a burnt caramel aftertaste. It’s only been a year, but it is much smoother in ’06 than it was in ’05. I’ve got one bottle left...I wonder how long I should wait before drinking it?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
timjertson (27) - Waseca, Minnesota, USA - JUN 1, 2007
Nice dark brew with a thin cream head. Coffee,chocolate, malt and a hint of american hops in both the nose and palate. Very nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
tminella (27) - Columbia, SC, South Carolina, USA - MAR 10, 2010
Pours black with a very thick, brown, oily head and nice lacing. Aroma has notes of chocolate, caramel, and some hops. Taste starts dry and roasty, goes to malty sweetness, and ends with some hop bitterness. Notes of dark chocolate. Mouthfeel is thick and viscous. This is one of my favorite imperial dark ales.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Dango (26) - Snekkersten, DENMARK - OCT 10, 2008
Excellent stuff. Strong with a nuanced complex palate. I guess I am still learning to drink the stronger porters and stouts. This one I really enjoy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
RR (26) - Kentucky, USA - OCT 10, 2009
Bottle. Blackish pour with a nice brown head. Coffee and Burnt Chocolate aroma. Flavor follows suit. Good balance. Aftertaste is a bit of alcohol. That is the only thing holding it back.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
AdamLawsonS (26) - - FEB 7, 2012
Smells really sweet and chocolatey with a decent words of alcohol. Initial taste of strong burned roasted malts followed by a mix of sweetness and bitterness. After a few sips comes the chocolate flavour. Very nice.

TopTekeUWM (25) - Wisconsin, USA - JAN 8, 2010
Picked up a four pack from the local store in Indianapolis. I have had this beer many times and I always go back to it. Color is black with a off white to brownish head. The aroma has roasty with a nice big malty mouthfeel. This tastes nice and big in and full of flavor. I do get some hops on the end which balance out the beer. I highly recommend the Gonzo.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
Hopgirl1980 (25) - Brussels (and Paris on summer), BELGIUM - MAY 17, 2010
Bottle shared with Maltador. Pours dark and opaque. The smell is coffee and herbal hops. The beer is not well-balanced. To be honest, I found the taste awful :( Cold coffee, grass and dry finish. I did not finish my glass. The worst Porter I’ve had. I even prefer to drink coke

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Theres (25) - Tromsø, NORWAY - JUN 12, 2008
Not very cool bottle, but I tried it anyway. Dark and beautifu beer! Brown golden head. Aroma of yeast and coffee, I like! Somewhat fizzy in mouth even though it doesnt seem to have much carbon.Sweet and full taste. I like porter - I like this one. (Ånn, 210308)