overall

RATINGS: 99   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
On the brink of extinction, they were plucked from obscurity and thrown into the spotlight. Facing ignorance and disinterest, someone saw potential...and knew they would be big. We’re not dishing on the latest undeserving Hollywood celebutante counting down their 15 minutes. We’re talking about the big, bold, and beautiful Centennial hops. With huge floral and citrus notes, these high alpha hops are one of the the industry’s few triple threats. They can be used for bittering, aroma, and flavor, which make them perfect for our latest Single Hop Imperial IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DutchDrebus (3790) - Oirschot, NETHERLANDS - FEB 17, 2012
Hazy orange with small yeast praticles, nice white head. Thx to benzai for grabbing an extra bottle. Smells grapefruit, bitter, imperial ipa.. Nice. Tastes bitter, grapefruit, lovely. Very nice!

SimplySike (779) - The Hague, NETHERLANDS - JAN 29, 2012
UPDATED: JAN 25, 2014 Aroma: As soon as the bottle is open you smell the hop. Appearance: Orage, hasy, white head. Taste: very nice bitter, fruity, Hop! Palate: Hop, thin feel, soft carbonation. Overall: Delicious single hop beer!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
FaithHealer1 (358) - SCOTLAND - JAN 22, 2012
Cask at North Bar, Leeds. I had this while being told that I hadn’t secured the job I wanted, so I may mix up my emotions and characteristics of the beer, for which I apologise in advance. Aroma is of disappointment. No, sorry, I mean hops. Lots of hops. Floral, piney hops. Taste is BITTER. Sorry, that was me again. I mean BITTER. Floral, resiny, piney hops, big, brash, bitter aftertaste. Alcohol is warming. Nice, but not really my thing. The taste of personal failure...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Benzai (7218) - Oirschot, THE NETHERLANDS, NETHERLANDS - DEC 31, 2011
UPDATED: JAN 8, 2012 Bottle @ home at 31-12-2011 23.59h. Hazy orange color, small white head. Smell hops and fruits. Taste hops, fruits, citrus hops, some pine and bitter. Soft medium carbo, medium body.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 17/20
joeneugs (3106) - Livermore, California, USA - DEC 17, 2011
On draft at Tap 25. It pours orange with a very floral, piney aroma. The flavor is extremely floral with lots of rose petals, some apricots and a piney/woody bitter finish. The alcohol is very noticeable and a bit distracting. Pretty brutal finish too. Love the Centennial flavors, but it’s a bit tough to drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
ChazMania (650) - Pasadena, California, USA - DEC 7, 2011
On tap; this seems to have potential but misses for me. The nose is strongly Centenial and nice. It poured really cloudy dark yellow. Taste is just off for me, it’s syrupy and somehow still seems thin. The alcohol is hot and not subtle at all. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
nike (950) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 6, 2011
Ok, this was a gift from the salesman to prove to me that Flying Dog can make some decent beers. This one isn’t all bad, but not great either. Typical from this brewery, on the thin, weak, and meek side. Single dimensional, the 10%abv. gives you a warming feeling, and probably saves this beer. I’m glad I didn’t waste money on this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
senecaberg (1) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - NOV 26, 2011 does not count
Beautiful single hop dipa. The spicy centennial hops cover the abv well. Well done.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
boxofrane (2046) - Spring City, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 26, 2011
Draft. Pours court with a thin head. This its the lightest ten percent ipa that I’ve ever had. Smooth like a champagne. Enjoyable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Christian (11021) - Odense, DENMARK - NOV 20, 2011
RBESG August 2011, White Horse on Parsons Green. Golden with a small white head. Sweet juicy fruit and citrus aroma. Sweetish juicy hop flavour on top of (too much) caramel.