overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 1354   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Brewed in the centuries old tradition of German beers, our brewers use more wheat and proprietary yeast to give it the unmistakable character of a flavorful, authentic Hefeweizen. The High proportion of wheat gives In Heat its smooth, full-mouth feel and our special yeast gives it its unique fruity and spicy aroma.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - MAR 18, 2003
Very light unattractive color, smells thin and very unappetizing. Whoa...this is pretty nasty. Boring as hell - there is literally almost nothing here. I cracked a homebrew german wheat of my own after having this and I felt like I was drinking a goddamn world-class beer - and I am sure as hell not a world class brewer. Thin, gross, and almost entirely tasteless.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Panzuriel (1310) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - MAR 18, 2003
Hazy golden in color. Full green, grainy aroma in a bad way. Very wheaty with a tart finish. A tad thin for my tastes.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
herbstress3 (221) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAR 18, 2003
Have you looked at this beer? It looks like piss and doesn't taste much better. Really low grade wheat beer here.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Shag (2603) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - MAR 14, 2003
Has a banana scent. Golden color with a wheat taste. This is not my style really. Overall its just ok

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
dwyerpg (4566) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - MAR 13, 2003
The smell is nauseating. Looks weird, with floaties, no head. Not enjoying the taste either. I don't think i'm even gonna finish it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
redlem (1301) - Ohio, USA - MAR 1, 2003
Hazy honey color with a nice head. Hey bubblegum aroma in an American wheat, what a nice surprise. Very smooth, clean and refreshing. A nice wheat beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Braudog (5743) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - FEB 20, 2003
Dusty orange with evident yeast. Unappetizing wet rag nose. Acidic faintly orange-with-yeast flavors. Very flat. I'm disappointed, my first bad Flying Dog beer. Maybe a bad bottle?

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
thejman454 (56) - cumming, Georgia, USA - FEB 14, 2003
I had this beer last summer and was really impressed. Nice citrus smell, nice orange color, nice lemon/bannanna taste. I give it an extra point on appearance for the lable, ha!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
dominion (78) - charlotte, North Carolina, USA - FEB 13, 2003
Good summer beer, had it with a small slice of lemon and the beer itself has a lemon zest to it. Not an everyday beer but good in the summer

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Pencom (18) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JAN 31, 2003
Had one the other night after a Paulaner Hefeweizen. Not as good as the Paulaner, of course. However, not a bad beer. Good summer drink. It has a fizzy, tangy lemon flavor. I'd buy this one again. The label is a hoot.