overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 1359   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Brewed in the centuries old tradition of German beers, our brewers use more wheat and proprietary yeast to give it the unmistakable character of a flavorful, authentic Hefeweizen. The High proportion of wheat gives In Heat its smooth, full-mouth feel and our special yeast gives it its unique fruity and spicy aroma.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
thejman454 (56) - cumming, Georgia, USA - FEB 14, 2003
I had this beer last summer and was really impressed. Nice citrus smell, nice orange color, nice lemon/bannanna taste. I give it an extra point on appearance for the lable, ha!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
worldleadr (56) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - MAY 17, 2004
My bottle was frozen, and I became impatient waiting for it to melt, so I went ahead and tried to drink it. Unfortunately, most of the beer was still ice, so I got a pint glass and began tapping the inverted bottle against the inside of it, hoping to coax out the ice. This plan backfired when I hit too hard and broke the top of the glass. Much of the beer came out, but there were now tiny shards of glass in my beer. I think the extreme coldness and the fact that I had to clench my teeth and gargle to strain out bits of glass lessened my enjoyment of this beer. It sure was refreshing and cold, though.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Berserkir (56) - New York, USA - JUL 29, 2008
A fairly standard hefeweizen. Good hazy golden pour. Yeast, banana, lemon aromas. Light banana and yeast flavor. A good hot day beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
ucfknightscott (56) - Casselberry, Florida, USA - OCT 12, 2009
Pours a golden, cloudy hue wih a big white, fluffy head. Aroma is distinctly a hefeweizen, with notes of lemon grass, citrus, banana, and yeast. This one drinks very smooth. Has a buttery mouthfeel yet crisp and refreshing. Definetly one of my favorite hefeweizens for a hot summer day. A very solid beer from Flying Dog.

freezy (55) - Minnesota, USA - AUG 10, 2011
I personally hate this beer. Wheat is nasty, whatya expect? You fans of the garbage pail rife with rotten bananas are out of your minds. So I threw you guys a perfect score. I know many Germans love this stuff. Many think the Reinheitsgebot was "Beer Choice Oppression" and see wheat beers as liberation. Mine poured a clear bright yellow, short lived white head, no lacing. smell black pepper and camphor. Taste black pepper,lemon, camphor, yeast and mild rotten banana....no hopping, low carbonation

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bburychka (55) - Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 19, 2009
Has more flavor than almost any other hefeweizen that Iíve had. Flying Dog beers are impressing me (and Iíve only tried two so far).

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BNSLY (54) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - MAY 19, 2009
It is good easy drinkiní beer. Plenty of carbonation. flavor is good, get the clove and spice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
newtrip (54) - USA - NOV 15, 2005
Poured without much head and it was gone very quickly, very cloudy gold color. Nose is of strong citrus, clove wheat. The citrus smell is really overwhelming. Making me think something must not be right. Initial flavor is watery and sweet. Finish is bitter and slightly tart. Did I get an old bottle or what? Iím really not that impressed with this beer. This is too sweet for a Hefeweizen.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
maxwellplum (54) - USA - JUL 2, 2003
Virtually no head, no sediment, some citrus aroma, I couldn't find the bananas. It was very nice on a hot day in Ohio, but nothing special.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
RJBennett (52) - Hibbing, Minnesota, USA - FEB 23, 2007
golden, amber, cloudy, frothy, medium sweetness, lightly bitter, lightly sour, salty, light body, oily feel, lively, Tasted liked it had olives in it, enjoyable