overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 1360   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Brewed in the centuries old tradition of German beers, our brewers use more wheat and proprietary yeast to give it the unmistakable character of a flavorful, authentic Hefeweizen. The High proportion of wheat gives In Heat its smooth, full-mouth feel and our special yeast gives it its unique fruity and spicy aroma.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
chriso (7416) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUN 28, 2004
Bottle #2 at Spiesyís. Sweet orange and wheat aroma, underpinned by something vaguely smoky that I couldnít quite place until Silk suggested the hot dog angle. Indeed it reminded me of a Westlers hamburger stand, which you probably wonít be familiar with unless you have been to an English soccer match (replete, as Silk suggests, with fried onions). After that aroma, which can be best described as interesting, it all fell away once I started actually drinking. Anaemic, washed out flavours, with just the vaguest hint of citrus. No pizzazz whatsoever. All the Flying Dog beers we tried had a very distinctive and pungent aroma, but far less flavour than expected, even though I didnít think they were as terrible as Silk. Overall, not great.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
steview (1026) - San Francisco, California, USA - OCT 23, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 2, 2004 bottle to plastic cup / hazy yellow orange with little to no head. slightly sticky, slightly medicinal, wierd grainy lemonhead flavor, and itís hard to drink much of it... egh.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
elektrogeist (158) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JAN 24, 2005
There are much better hefeweizens out there which you can get for the same amount of money or less.. donít waste your time unless you just want to say you tried it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Zinister (1423) - Houston, Texas, USA - FEB 9, 2005
The best thing about this beer is the name and the illustrations....other than that youíre not missing much. Lemony nose....sweet-lemony taste. Not great.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
dm9831 (1512) - Monee, Illinois, USA - MAY 3, 2005
poures a thick golden color with a nice head. i whiff of grain in the aroma, but the flavor reminded me of creamed corn. a very mouth filling, if cloying, brew. not a refreshing brew at all.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
KUEric (886) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAY 20, 2005
UPDATED: JUN 7, 2005 Bottle: I donít like the aroma. Dont know what it is, but its not pleasent to my nose. A little peppery, lemony, flowery and something sweet that I dont care for. The appearence is fairly standard for a wheat. Hazy pale yellow/gold. Small head, but again its a wheat. I was kind of suprised by the lack of carbination, my experience with Hefes has brought more carbination. The taste is almost too average bubble gum/banna that a hefe can often be. I dontí care for it too much.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
FistFullOfCats (163) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - DEC 24, 2005
Bottle. Pours the familiar cloudy yellow with a thin white soapy head, which dissipates almost immediately. Aroma of yeast, lemon, wheat. Flavor of Yeast, pear, yeast, wheat, yeast, apple, and yeast. Finishes mostly yeasty, but with a weird astringent note. Feel is a problem here: water thin and flat as a board. I usually prefer my Hefeweizen with at least a bit of bubbly. Not offensive or anything, just reminds you that you could be drinking Hoegaarden.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
xproudfoot (750) - Paleolithic, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 5, 2006
Bottle. I was not aware of the disgusting name whic hhas nothing to do with beer or this beer in prticular, but if Iíd known of it, Iím sure I wouldnít have been able to taste enaything buy sweaty dog testes. As it was, I didnít even know what kind of beer this was, fortunately, and it was just off puttingly too fruity (maybe thatís some fruit from the glans of the canis?) the fruit tastes rotted, backed up by the ultimate generic wheat-steel.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
shp555 (2024) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - OCT 11, 2006
Golden wheat color with with fluffy head. Aroma of cloves and corriander. Wheat taste up front but then corriander. I do not like corriander that much. This beer had a little to much for my tastes.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
19Ei8hty (1171) - Washington, USA - DEC 5, 2006
UPDATED: SEP 12, 2007 Re-visit; 9-12-2007:After sampling Fesitna Peche by Dogfish Head I think this style more closely resembles the Beliner Weisse style of wheat ale. Pretty sour, full body with a semi-strong wheat malt finish. not my style.