overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 1349   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Brewed in the centuries old tradition of German beers, our brewers use more wheat and proprietary yeast to give it the unmistakable character of a flavorful, authentic Hefeweizen. The High proportion of wheat gives In Heat its smooth, full-mouth feel and our special yeast gives it its unique fruity and spicy aroma.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
epf33 (224) - Fairfax, Virginia, USA - FEB 23, 2008
UPDATED: FEB 24, 2008 a unique tasting hefeweizen, tangy, fruity aroma, flying dog makes some of the best beer i’ve had! always a full body! by far my favorite Hefeweizen style beer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
sonicstylee (13) - cayuga, New York, USA - SEP 18, 2008
I found this to consist of all the tell-tale signs of a great hefe. Not my favorite style but, on a hot summer day this one hits the spot.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
thetmaxx (745) - West Sacramento, California, USA - APR 13, 2011
Poured into my Flying Dog glass. Pours clearish, golden colour. Nice head with good lacing. Aroma is nice lemon citrus. Flavour also has the bitterness from citrus which is exactly what you want in a wheat. Mouth feel is medium body making it quite refreshing. Overall a fantastic hefe that I thoroughly enjoy. Much better than shiner’s that I also just had. You must pay the price to enjoy a great beer like this at one point in your life!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
cewldre (268) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - SEP 12, 2005
well, this is a a cloudy gold in color. It has a small head that doesn’t seem to stick around long. Definitely banana in aroma. I am not realy sure how to descirbe the taste, but it is a bit citrusy and banana in flavor. Many other tastes I couldn’t quite distuingish as well. I think I will get this beer again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
junon (410) - Honolulu, Hawaii, USA - NOV 17, 2009
Wow. Best American attempt at a Germain Hefeweizen that I’ve had to date. Everything is damn near identical to my favourites. Perhaps a tad bit more spicy than say Franziskaner or Paulaner but still very classical. This is my first Flying Dog beer and I have a feeling it wont be the last. Good start. Good beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Grzesiek79 (3175) - Radom, POLAND - JAN 25, 2012
hay, bread, citrus, floral, banana, vanilla, soy sauce, basement aromas, golden, cloudy, white foam, minimal head, medium sweetness, medium bitterness, creamy, average carbonation, astringent,

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Cybercat (3257) - Georgia, USA - APR 19, 2008
Pours an opaque honey-golden with a thick, white, fine-bubbled head that sticks around for a while. Aroma is rich and wheaty with a definite citrus component. Flavor is rich and full, wheaty and malty. This wheat beer is pleasant, refreshing and smooth, and feels thick.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
hamsterglory (48) - Bryan, Texas, USA - SEP 20, 2008
i didn’t know i would fall in love with flying dog this much when i bought the sampler pack tonight for our FRANKENSTEIN book club meeting - but i did, and i have. in-heat wheat glistens like sedimentary river water in a biology class test tube. grab the microscope, kids, there’s all kinds of swirling sifts of citrus and banana and coriander and yeasty hot spots spritzing about the aroma bed of this sample. the flavor confirms the aroma - full on humungous hefe-ness, scratched on the belly by mellow washes of wheat and grain. this is a good beer. a perfect beer to finish out this showing of RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD. nothing screams zombies like a lively citrus wheat!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bburychka (55) - Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 19, 2009
Has more flavor than almost any other hefeweizen that I’ve had. Flying Dog beers are impressing me (and I’ve only tried two so far).

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
brucebruce81 (254) - Wyoming, USA - AUG 29, 2009
I’m not a huge fan of hefeweizens but this has to be the best one I have tried in a very long time it’s smooth to me and not very bitter