RATINGS: 715   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
A dry stout brewed with Rappahannock River oysters.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
The_Bish (1123) - West Midlands, ENGLAND - NOV 7, 2012
Very normal. Am I normal? Was that Neds? I think it was. Saw them a couple of years back playing God Fodder from start to finish. Bought my mate who lives in Oz and loves them a t-shirt, itís still sitting in my t-shirt drawer never worn. God Iím boring myself.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
walleye (1082) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - NOV 6, 2012
Poured black with a tan head. aroma, dark chocolate, molasses, smoke, coffee, vanilla, roasted malts, caramel. flavor smoke , coffee, chocolate a touch if citrus. good drinking beer

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
drfabulous (5233) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - NOV 5, 2012
12 ounce. Dark body in pour. Very creamy. Almost milk stout in taste. Bit of chocolate and roast. Light body.

jhp40219 (422) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - NOV 3, 2012
12oz bottle poured into a snifter glass. Pours a dark black with a small light tan head that fades quickly leaving a bit of lacing. Aroma of dark chocolate, coffee, vanilla, and roasted malts. Taste is a combination of dark and milk chocolates up front with slight smoky malt, coffee, and dark fruit in the background. There is something different in the taste that I assume is the oysters, although having never actually eaten oysters I canít say for sure. Itís not overwhelming though. Definitely a salty aftertaste and a bit of burn going down. If the ABV wasnít on the bottle, I would swear this had a much higher alcohol content. Not an incredibly heavy body, but still thick and definitely creamy. Great active carbonation too, but not overly active to where it stings. Great beer! I could see where this would go great with any kind of chocolate dessert.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
mlmeeks (46) - Winona, Mississippi, USA - NOV 1, 2012
From the bottle. Nice dark tan head. Aroma is roasty. Taste of coffee and a little chocolate. Medium carbonation. Nice finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jeremytoni (3020) - Swedesboro, New Jersey, USA - OCT 31, 2012
From a bottle poured a dark brown color with a fair amount of head. Sweet toasted malty flavor with a quick finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
joeneugs (4593) - Livermore, California, USA - OCT 30, 2012
12 oz. bottle. It pours dark brown with a small tan head. The aroma is sweet and chocolaty with some nutty almond notes and roasted malt. No brine. The flavor has some hints of brine and a dry roasted bitter finish. The body is on the lighter side. Oysters come through much more in the flavor than the aroma. Pretty tasty stout.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
JCB (3999) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - OCT 30, 2012
12oz bottle from Samís, Durham. Fucked name - what are you, Sweetwater? Anyways, this is a style I really enjoy and I confess to finding FDís rendition just a bit disappointing. For the most part this is because the base beer was thin and lacked personality. No heft, no real roast or grit. And whatís more, I get only miniscule ersters here. Sigh.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
azuresocks (5) - - OCT 29, 2012 does not count
I got this in a bottle... As soon as I poured it, I got a very good aroma of coffee. There wasnít much foam though. There was slight crispness in the mouthfeel and it was was rather light-bodied for a stout, I thought. There was a hint of smokiness, which was pleasant. Overall, this was an easy drinking beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
filogomo (10) - Connecticut, USA - OCT 28, 2012
Very east to drink of such a dark beer . If I didnít have a fridge full i would go buy more ASAP.