overall

RATINGS: 1138   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.63   IBU: 16   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Award-winning example of the German –style Kölsch golden ale. Brewed with prized pale malts and German Hops, Tire Bite is refreshing Golden Ale

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
PTomkinson (50) - Virginia, USA - APR 20, 2002
Koelsch is not my favorite style. I find this beer best when I am very thirsty. Quite refreshing. Golden color and hoppy. Decent but probably will not purchase again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - APR 10, 2002
This is one of my new favorite beers! It is unbelievably refreshing! Great taste and goes down really easily.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Dogbrick (7973) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - APR 10, 2002
Kind of maple-colored, mine was not skunky or smelly which a lot of people seem to have to contend with in this Ale. Possibly because mine was from a case that was not exposed to light? Anyway, this was crisp and lightly hopped. Not too bad at all.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Ron (2501) - Rochester, New York, USA - APR 3, 2002
Went down easy with a decent aftertaste. Refreshing and enjoyable. Extra points for imaginative name.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
P-tor44 (886) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - MAR 25, 2002
no nose, no flavor, looks like dog piss

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Aubrey (3431) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAR 15, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 27, 2008 A fresh & clean refreshment. Starts crisp, finishes just a little wet and syrupy; not as dry as most other Kolsch beers I’ve had. Has a gentle hop aroma with some bitterness... somewhat of a ’rough,’ corn-like edge, which seems to be typical for this style. Fairly easy-drinking though. It’d be a good beer to suck down on a hot summer afternoon.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
labattblueleaf (225) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - MAR 10, 2002
Very good. Out of the Flying Dog brewery, this was their best. It has a distinct American-type, mass-produced beer flavor with a little something extra. I recommend this and the other beers by this brewer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Aurelius (4121) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - FEB 26, 2002
Stinky, ugly and simplistic. Another overblown beer from an overblown brewery. This is one microbrew that should have remained that way...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - FEB 12, 2002
not bad. a good everyday kind of beer - about the minimum of taste for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
JMerritt (1793) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - JAN 26, 2002
Personally, I found the abundance of hops (aka the ’bite’?) in this beer to be a tad overwhelming. The front-end and after-tastes were just a little too bitter for my liking. Call me a wuss, call me a newbie - but I call ’em as I taste ’em. This isn’t a beer for me, sorry.