overall

RATINGS: 187   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Why is there only one time of year – as goblins, ghouls, and ghosts frolic on front lawns – when we embrace THE FEAR? At all other times, THE FEAR dominates us, controls us, and prevents us from greatness. What is there to THE FEAR? Disagreement? Criticism? Humiliation? Whatever THE FEAR is that consumes you, embrace it, along with this Imperial Pumpkin Ale. Only then will the true artist in you rise up.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Dogbrick (7567) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - OCT 20, 2013
Sample at Hal & Al’s during the Pumpkin Beer Tasting on 10/15/2013: Pours brown with a medium frothy light beige head that dissipates slowly. Small patches of lacing. Aroma of cinnamon, malt and pumpkin. Medium to full body with flavors of pumpkins, earthy malt and nutmeg. The finish is spicy with a cinnamon and pumpkin aftertaste. Decent overall.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
DCLawyer (1358) - Falls Church, Virginia, USA - OCT 20, 2013
Draft->snifter. Dark amber with small offwhite head. Pumpkin and malt, with deep spice and notes of dark fruit, wood. Boozy. More complexity and depth than the average pumpkin brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Garrold (1063) - Sheffield, South Yorkshire, ENGLAND - OCT 19, 2013
Tap at Sheffield Tap. Very dark, reddy amber. Off white, thin, lasting head. Aroma is hard to pin down. I’m sure there’s a Ben and Jerry’s ice cream just like this. In fact, if they were to ever to brew a beer, I reckon it’d taste a lot like this one. Liked it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
themaker75 (7) - - OCT 15, 2013 does not count
Too much imperial and not enough pumpkin. The aroma is nice, but there was too much of an alcohol bite. Not my favorite seasonal. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Adamcyoung (5) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - OCT 11, 2013 does not count
When I poured the fear into my goblet, ice shot through my vains. What just happened? Am I dreaming or did I just choose the darkest, sexiest, best-smellin' imperial pumpkin man has ever seen? I take a sip...confirmed. Unbelievable. - AY

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JonR (40) - - OCT 9, 2013
Nutty aroma nice head overall a well done pumpkin hits with a bit of alcohol as it is an imperial quite tasty nonetheless

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Ed5388 (1970) - Forked River, New Jersey, USA - OCT 9, 2013
12oz bottle from crossroads Spirits. Pours a dark amber/brownish color with a small off white head. Aroma of pumpkin, lots of cinnamon, clove, allspice, and caramel. Taste of sweet burnt sugar, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, pumpkin, and some toasted rye.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
redtechnj (200) - Williamstown, New Jersey, USA - OCT 8, 2013
Appearance-Clear Coca-cola color with a thick fluffy beige head. average lasting with average lacing. Aroma-Moderately sweet, roasted malt, pumpkin pie spices (nutmeg, allspice,cinnamon) some ginger. Flavor-Tastes like it smells with a touch of chocolate mixed in. I’m not a big fan of pumpkin beers (although I certaInly seem to buy quite a few) but this one is well above average, maybe even into the top tier.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
madmitch76 (14282) - , Essex, ENGLAND - OCT 7, 2013
26th September 2013
Amsterdam. Bottle in my hotel room. Clear deep amber - red beer. Good pale cream coloured head. Light palate, a little soft. Mild minerally carbonation. Thin creamy malt. Good pumpkin, fruity and not too much added spice. Light dry finish. Mild bitter linger. Not bad but I am sure I have had better Imperial Pumpkins.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Sindsoron (21) - POLAND - OCT 7, 2013
Nice dark brown colour with beige/white head, that stays untill very and as thin cover. Sweet spices and hint of pumpkin in aroma. Medium bitterness.