overall
Brewed by Fosters Brewing (CUB)
Style: Pale Lager
Southbank, Victoria, Australia

RATINGS: 1762   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.01   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Filtered and pasteurised. Available with added carbon dioxide in keg, can and bottled formats. First brewed in 1887.
Available in Britain as Export.
"A light-coloured lager style, it presents full malt character with a balanced clean hop bitterness. Combined with a slightly hoppy, but yeasty/malty nose, Foster's lager is a full bodied beer with excellent drinkability."

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
beerbuzz6799 (3) - California, USA - FEB 10, 2002 does not count
Overall, a good beer, especially off tap. Not too heavy, but with some bite and finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
lbritt99 (15) - Alabama, USA - FEB 9, 2002
A fair taste just a little strong on the after taste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 6/20
tigre38699 (20) - austin, Texas, USA - FEB 9, 2002
doesn’t have the greatest taste but if your goal is to get drunk fast, this is a good pick

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
LuckeyHaskins99 (180) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - FEB 8, 2002
Another beer i wish could be graded differently in different forms. Fosters in bottles is a great crisp brew with a bit of flavor. Fosters in a can is tinny, and warms too easily. (I liked the old steel oilcans better, screw the ecology, bring ’em back)

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Filsinger99 (17) - Calgary, CANADA - FEB 8, 2002
Had it on tap. Was an extremely clean beer. Not a whole lot of taste to it, but you can drink this stuff all night. Not bad, but not great either.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Davhgbrew (925) - Coconut Creek, Florida, USA - FEB 7, 2002
I have heard this is good off tap, but I haven’t had it off tap and it pretty much sucks in a can. I know Australian’s are ashamed of this one.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
thejman454 (56) - cumming, Georgia, USA - FEB 7, 2002
Had this one out of a keg at a party. This beer was far to bitter for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Murphy (1759) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - FEB 7, 2002
Fosters- Australian for dick. This beer brings shame to the down under, but I defidently went under after pounding this. I did barf that night.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
LuckySmarms99 (80) - Ontario, USA - FEB 5, 2002
Very good beer. not personal favorite but brothers fav. So I still drink it when I’m out of my brand. Feel like I’m drinking with Crocodile Dundee when I drink this beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
crazydiamond (48) - Michigan, USA - FEB 4, 2002
Beer Baron beat me to the punch. The ’oil can’ is the attraction to this beer, after that it really doesn’t distinguish itself that well. Personally, I find the whole ’Australian’ thing overrated. But, when in Rome (or in this case Outback Steakhouse), I can be in the mood for one.