overall
Brewed by Fosters Brewing (CUB)
Style: Pale Lager
Southbank, Victoria, Australia

RATINGS: 1798   WEIGHTED AVG: 2   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Filtered and pasteurised. Available with added carbon dioxide in keg, can and bottled formats. First brewed in 1887.
Available in Britain as Export.
"A light-coloured lager style, it presents full malt character with a balanced clean hop bitterness. Combined with a slightly hoppy, but yeasty/malty nose, Foster's lager is a full bodied beer with excellent drinkability."

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Filsinger99 (17) - Calgary, CANADA - FEB 8, 2002
Had it on tap. Was an extremely clean beer. Not a whole lot of taste to it, but you can drink this stuff all night. Not bad, but not great either.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Davhgbrew (945) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 7, 2002
I have heard this is good off tap, but I haven’t had it off tap and it pretty much sucks in a can. I know Australian’s are ashamed of this one.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
thejman454 (56) - cumming, Georgia, USA - FEB 7, 2002
Had this one out of a keg at a party. This beer was far to bitter for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Murphy (1759) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - FEB 7, 2002
Fosters- Australian for dick. This beer brings shame to the down under, but I defidently went under after pounding this. I did barf that night.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
LuckySmarms99 (80) - Ontario, USA - FEB 5, 2002
Very good beer. not personal favorite but brothers fav. So I still drink it when I’m out of my brand. Feel like I’m drinking with Crocodile Dundee when I drink this beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
crazydiamond (48) - Michigan, USA - FEB 4, 2002
Beer Baron beat me to the punch. The ’oil can’ is the attraction to this beer, after that it really doesn’t distinguish itself that well. Personally, I find the whole ’Australian’ thing overrated. But, when in Rome (or in this case Outback Steakhouse), I can be in the mood for one.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
BeerBaron5299 (18) - USA - JAN 30, 2002
Not bad. Definetly tasted different than other macrobrews, but it’s nothing great. Gotta love that giant oil can, though.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - JAN 30, 2002
Seemed pretty decent when we used to get the Australian brew. I know that they say nobody drinks it down under though! I guess it’s the Australian Beck’s... However, if that’s the case, all the other Australian lagers I have tried tasted like Foster’s (ie Toohey’s, Castlemaine, Tooth’s etc.) So stop making fun of us Yanks for drinking the stuff! Contract brewing in Canada made it very average. See Harp and Kirin reviews.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
greystreet80 (191) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - JAN 29, 2002
Very tasty and not too filling at all. Excellent in an ice cold glass mug.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
noer1 (109) - Massachusetts, USA - JAN 28, 2002
Favoriate beer of the frenchman in the thanksgiving club, maybe very good on tap, but just another watered down American style macro canned.