overall
Brewed by Fosters Brewing (CUB)
Style: Pale Lager
Southbank, Victoria, Australia

RATINGS: 1809   WEIGHTED AVG: 2   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Filtered and pasteurised. Available with added carbon dioxide in keg, can and bottled formats. First brewed in 1887.
Available in Britain as Export.
"A light-coloured lager style, it presents full malt character with a balanced clean hop bitterness. Combined with a slightly hoppy, but yeasty/malty nose, Foster's lager is a full bodied beer with excellent drinkability."

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Fantomasus (259) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - DEC 22, 2001
As far as quality is concerned, this might be one notch above your average american commercial brew. Not worth the effort.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
mark364199 (1) - rotherham, - DEC 19, 2001 does not count
in my opinion this is the best lager on the planet

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
garygary99 (21) - AUSTRALIA - DEC 14, 2001
Unfortunately, people tend to view Fosters as ’the’ Australian beer. As an Australian, I find that perception to grossly misrepresent our beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Norton (329) - Southside, Richmond, Virginia, USA - DEC 14, 2001
Despite the annoying commercials this is not bad. Very average out of the big can or bottle - but try it on tap (if you find a bar that has kegs of it) and it’s much much better. I guess you can say that about many beers but I experience a profound difference in quality of Foster’s off tap vs. store-bought Foster’s. A notch above run-of-the-mill brews but not top shelf. Fine!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
unixweb (237) - Sherman, Texas, USA - DEC 14, 2001
Better and much lighter than I expected. Not much bitterness, nice clean taste. I agree---a definite improvement over the usual Bud or Miller. In short, I’ve had much worse. If I can’t find what I’m really looking for, this is a good interim choice.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
SirQuackalot (10) - USA - DEC 12, 2001
Not bad, a decent lager with a satisfying darker color than Bud or MGD. A decent beer to drink when your taste buds are shot from drinking better beers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
CaboWabo99 (24) - USA - DEC 12, 2001
Pretty good alternative to the American Bud. If you want something a little lighter than most beers it works.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 16/20
adamlau (76) - California, USA - DEC 11, 2001
Light in taste, light in body. Big can. Dry finish.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
whateverlol99 (7) - USA - DEC 4, 2001 does not count
anyone who compains about drinking this stuff has oboviously not had a worse beer and believe me there are plenty of them out there... I wouldn’t go out of my way to get it but in a pinch it’s varely decent

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
watson99 (13) - Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 1, 2001
My first choice as a draft beer, and I consider it a treat (I’ll buy one of the large cans for a Saturday afternoon sojourn on my deck....a prelude to an evening ot otherwise undefined beers. It’s a private passion.