overall
Brewed by Fosters Brewing (CUB)
Style: English Pale Ale
Southbank, Victoria, Australia
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 514   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.32   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
hman43 (290) - Pinehurst, North Carolina, USA - AUG 24, 2013
The initial smell of grasses is decent, but there is a whiff of rotten eggs present. It is darker than expect in that itís a light amber color. The head is medium bodied. The combination of grasses is okay. Considering that it came out of a can, it okay.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
TomTron (363) - Aiken, South Carolina, USA - AUG 16, 2013
Well, well, we meet again. The big green Foster...Smells like wallaby urine with a side of drop bear breath. MmmHmmm, this is bad. The more I drink this the more it reminds me of a sadder time in my life, wait....I think just realized something. Dammit.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Kobal (64) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - AUG 14, 2013
Coppery color with a fairly thick white head that quickly dissipates. Nose is bread and sweet corn. Taste is a quick hit of mild bitterness that drops quickly leaving some astringency behind. Not much in the way of actual flavor, it does have a hint of fruitiness that follows the bitter. Light bodied almost to the point of watery. Better than Fosterís lager or most American macros for a similar price.

1.4
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
blipp (5826) - Newark, New Jersey, USA - JUL 24, 2013
This is the type of gnarly gnarlington I usually save for tasting, but today I am keeping this beast all to myself. Comes in a can. Pours light amber with a fluffy off white head. Corny and sweet, with hints of cardboard, and day-old wet towel. Pretty brutal, honestly.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
otakuden (1783) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - JUL 21, 2013
Appearance: Copper under a lightly off-white head which fades into nothing and swirls with a thin bubbly collar. No lace.
Nose: Caramel corn Ė more caramel than corn. Thin slightly stale bread crust in the back. Ghostly whisper of lemon skin.
Palate: Medium-light weight with a palate that hits quick and fast and dissipates just as quickly. Dries my tongue like paper and lingers with dried lemon peel and apple peel. Mineral water. Acrid metallic finish Ė like licking a new copper penny. Salty along the side.
Final Thoughts: Blech. Thankfully the gargantuan can this beer came in cost me only $1 so I didnít feel guilty dumping the rest of it down the drain.
(An original written work by Beer Ambassador, LLC. Plagiarism is not tolerated.)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
Janitor (8) - USA - JUL 20, 2013 does not count
This may be the 2nd ale Iíve ever had. Many of the other ratings said there was no head or no lacey head and so forth. My experience was very different. I keep a lager glass in my freezer. It is never machine washed just hand washed and dried like a priest. I didnít play games with pouring the ale I just poured it until the head reached the top of the glass. I got 2 adult male fingers of off-white head the color of say Quaker Oats. It left lace on my glass. I like that. After the medium coarse foam the aroma is horse barn + fruity. The flavor is bitter + sour and would pair perfectly with smoked oysters and crackers, which I like. The after taste I have not quite figured out. Its just an earthy taste which it should be after all we are talking about sprouted barley. This must have given the ale its nice clear copper tone. What more can I expect of something that was only $1.99 and came from the other side of the durn planet. Will have to try a domestic ale that gets a high rating for comparison.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
UncleKorm (727) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - JUL 1, 2013
Oil can poured a clear copper hue w/ a huge frothy head slowly diminishing w/ no lacing. Light aroma dusty grain. Initial flavor is light sweet w/ a moderate bitter finish. Tastes are straw, lime, grass, and toffee. Medium bodied, soft carbonation, watery texture, and a metallic feel in the finish.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
rumproasts (2734) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JUN 24, 2013
oil can. golden with small head. i guess i like this slightly better than the standard Fosters, which isnít to say I actually like it. a little touch of hops at least.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
DrSilverworm (5898) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUN 18, 2013
25.4oz oil can. Shared with friends at Eliís, enjoyed from a small styrofoam cup. Pretty good, one-finger khaki head. Light to medium body. Light, smoother carbonation. Not much flavor to this, but nothing too offensive about it. Lightly toasty, light caramel, light english-type hop. Light sweet taste. Pretty agreeable ale, I guess. Fine to share and washed my smoked turkey down with.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
Cbuk1013 (243) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - JUN 2, 2013
Itís a decent beer up front, and pretty cheap for an import. Has a weird lingering aftertaste.