overall
Brewed by Fosters Brewing (CUB)
Style: English Pale Ale
Southbank, Victoria, Australia
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 554   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.31/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
antisnobJP (275) - St. Michael, Minnesota, USA - MAR 5, 2004
Deep golden color. Fair size frothy white head, diminishes to a ring. Slightly malty flavor and aroma with a decent bitterness. Metallic taste present along with an unclean aftertaste present. Dry fnish. Better than the other Fosters oil can beer. An O.K. find for a beer sitting in a cooler next to malt liquors. One shouldn't expect too much.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
r464 (2257) - Earth, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 6, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 8, 2004 Copper/amder in color with a strong head when poured. A weak ESB at best. Almost like a cross of an American Pale ale and ESB witha macro brew feel. Not worth trying again.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
TheBeerGenius (154) - Pittsburgh, PA, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 11, 2004
I expected a bitter taste, but found a kinda dry plain taste. Not too bad though, kinda refreshing and not real strong.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - DEC 31, 2003
Creamy head, persistant, lacing is there. Aroma is sweaty and lightly hoppy. Flavor is dusty and minty, interesting. I liked this one as a macro. No talking now, more rating!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Sham (1844) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 31, 2003
Amber pour with a foamy white head and lacing. Malt and hops in the aroma mainly. Mild malt flavor that sticks throughout. Smooth and creamy palate with a light body that finishes with both malt and hops. Not too bad for a can.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
GEOBRAU (188) - Mesa, Arizona, USA - DEC 23, 2003
Can: I like this beer! Fresh, maintained a creamy head. Biscuity malt with gentle hoppiness. Not very bitter but then again "bitter" seems to be as relevent to British beer as "pale". I don't understand all the low ratings.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
kathouse (1607) - Nevada, USA - DEC 21, 2003
The opposite end of my beer favorite spectrum. The huge can pours a medium amber with poor head retention. Aroma is light with no hint of malt. Body was thin with low carbonation. Very unpleasant. Bitter taste lasted long enough to be nauseating. Gotta be better is Australia.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 17, 2003
Has a nice copper color with some carbonation and a corn/malt smell. Taste is kind of malted, but a little tinny and finishes with a bit of bitterness. Overall it is just another weak beer in a can.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
jaymobrown (1833) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 24, 2003
Big old can of beer that's yellow clear, smells like corn and tastes something like a corn muffin. I was happy when I was done so I could move onto something else. Really thin as well.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
drewcifer85710 (158) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - NOV 23, 2003
Ari Fleischer told me to by this beer, he said it was really cool and that the president liked it an awful lot. When I found out it sucked I went back to Ari and asked what the deal was. I said "Hey, man! You told me Foster's Special Bitter was really good! You told me George W. Bush endorses it!" Then he asked if I had proof that he'd said this and said he can't confirm that Foster's Special Bitter even actually exists or not and that the president doesn't drink beer anyway. It's the big ass can that kept me from buying this for so long in the first place! And I wish it had continued to keep me from buying it. That's $2 I could've spent on anything else.