overall
Brewed by Fosters Brewing (CUB)
Style: English Pale Ale
Southbank, Victoria, Australia
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 554   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.31/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
JoeM500 (1908) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - NOV 23, 2003
Jaymobrown ordered this riculously large can at a bar last night. It was a greyish amber color with a corny/grainy nose. Grainy and rough on my poor tastebuds, thin and metallic. Substandard beer. Jaymobrown drank the whole damn thing!

0.9
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
TheDean (786) - MIlwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 14, 2003
All right, I admint it, I just bought it for the big-a$$ can. I mean, how cool is that. I know I didn't buy it for the taste, as it taste like flat good beer (you know, like flat Pabst).

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Reid (2300) - Salem, Oregon, USA - NOV 10, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 30, 2008 Bought in the now familiar "oilcan" ...Looks a pretty good beer..nice large head( off white) atop a light brown beer..very little carbonation observed. Smell I am afraid is non-existant..nothing at all. Why do major brewers tend to erradicate the aroma? Its one of the things I enjoy in a beer a good scent. Taste is average also..not unpleasant but really I cant think of anything to praise..i get some sweet malts thats about all. Average on the mouth though I am happy theres not much carbonation. overall an average drink..though i dare say if i were trapped in a hell with this or Bud I would go for this. re-rate : 11/30/2008 Actually I dont know if they changed the recipe along with the label, but now I am getting some nice low level bittering, also getting some slight malts..giving a tobaccoish flavor similar to a watered down LOndon Pride. Score adjusted up.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Jahills (151) - Cambridge (Hobart), AUSTRALIA - NOV 4, 2003
Deep orange coppery colour like a true bitter, unfortunately the beer tastes disgusting. Off sickly taste, weird palate, tastes mouldy or somethimg. Funny, grainy, dirty aftertaste. Reminds me of average home brew. Special it aint.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
thehoff (596) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - NOV 3, 2003
Nice golden amber color. Thin cream colored head. There is a slight bitterness in the smell. A little malty. Nothing great. It has a bitterness to the flavor but nothing else. Its quite watery, but much better than normal Fosters which really does suck. This isn't half bad. Would probably be better on tap.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 2, 2003
Bright copper color and thick soapy white head. Aroma of malt, cut grass, cardboard and metal. Weak flavor and watery palate. Bland and boring overall.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
lasonovich (151) - AUSTRALIA - OCT 21, 2003
Nothing too special here at all really. It is a bit better than normal fosters because it has some flavour but it still isn't anything tasty. A little hint of hops and a slightly darker colour make it better than some but still not great.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
MadMan (495) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - OCT 5, 2003
Well, I don't know exactly what to say. This is superior to the regular Foster's Lager for sure. I taste a touch of malt and a little hops and this beer finishes dry and clean. This is not "special" in any way other than it is ten times better than the standard Foster's crap.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
aaronh (201) - McMurray, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 30, 2003
I poured this 25.4 ounce "oil can" of beer into my large weizen glass (32 oz.) and was greeted by a beautiful copper colored beer with a magnificent head that very slowly faded to a light, rocky foam. Thick veins of lace were left at the top of the glass, with moderate lacing appearing while drinking the beer. The aroma was very pleasant, with caramel malt and fruit notes, with a bit of hop spice. As I suck some of this ale through the foam, the taste mimics the aroma, with a clean, sweet caramel maltiness followed by a stronger bitterness. The finish is rather clean, with a lingering bitterness in the aftertaste. The mouthfeel is a bit thin perhaps, but not at all watery.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - SEP 28, 2003
Foster's - Australian for THIS CAN IS FRICKIN' HUGE! The beer itself isn't that bad, I guess.