overall
Brewed by Fosters Brewing (CUB)
Style: English Pale Ale
Southbank, Victoria, Australia
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 522   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.32   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
legion242 (2222) - Richardson, Texas, USA - FEB 8, 2003
Pale orange color; white fluffy head; mild aroma hops in the nose. Nice body. Good hop character. I can't believe I liked this. I am ashamed.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Fulkrum78 (175) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 2, 2003
I remember liking this beer. Only had it once, and drank so much of it (and became so hungover after) that I can't bear to try it again.

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
redlem (1301) - Ohio, USA - JAN 22, 2003
A little more kick than regular Fosters. It has the bite of an ESB but beyond that not much else.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
VTIrishman99 (64) - Virginia, USA - JAN 8, 2003
Iím not a huge fan of dark beers, but I like fosterís, so I gave this one a try. It wasnt too bad, and wasnt great either... I drank it with a meal though (steak as I recall) and found it to be pretty complimentary, so maybe if you just want something malty to sip on, this is a good choice, but again, I cant see attempting to get hammered on this.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
wilkie (1208) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - JAN 7, 2003
I used to drink these in grad school because i thought they were better than the lager. I got a big surprise on this one. The appearance is actually nice when not viewed through the opening in the top of a can wrapped in a paper bag. Nice lacey head. Had a nice floral hop aroma, and tastes really good. Nice citrous and pine flavors intermingled with a lovely malted flavor. I doubt seriously that the one I consumed had only 2.8 ABV--maybe thatís what it is in Utah or something. I was really surprised with how good this beer was. I may even keep the next one i buy wrapped in the paper bag just for old timeís sake.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
PorterPounder (5582) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JAN 3, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 29, 2008 Rerate Too much foam; funky stale fruit aroma; worn out bitter taste - similar to sucking on copper pennies. Original 2.9 Better than regular Fosterís - which is not saying a whole lot. Nice fluffy head with good lacing - a bit of a wet towel aroma to it. I like the copper color to it. Good balance of hops and malts. Overall not bad - does not stand up to British bitters of course - but a good solid effort by a macro brewer down under.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
MrGregAD199 (65) - Medford, Oregon, USA - JAN 2, 2003

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
PBOYNY (316) - Westchester, New York, USA - JAN 2, 2003
not much better than the regular fosterís shit...have fun avoiding this one!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Radek Kliber (6519) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - JAN 1, 2003
Gee . What should I say . I had no pleasure of drinking that BIG can at all . Anoying to stomach and my tatse buds . Very simple , very no no .

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Catadobe (112) - AUSTRALIA - DEC 20, 2002
Iíd have to say as far as Fosters goes this is one of their better brews, still abit fizzy for my tast buds but for the strenght not to bad.