overall
Brewed by Fosters Brewing (CUB)
Style: English Pale Ale
Southbank, Victoria, Australia
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 527   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.32   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
PorterPounder (5695) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JAN 3, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 29, 2008 Rerate Too much foam; funky stale fruit aroma; worn out bitter taste - similar to sucking on copper pennies. Original 2.9 Better than regular Fosterís - which is not saying a whole lot. Nice fluffy head with good lacing - a bit of a wet towel aroma to it. I like the copper color to it. Good balance of hops and malts. Overall not bad - does not stand up to British bitters of course - but a good solid effort by a macro brewer down under.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
MrGregAD199 (65) - Medford, Oregon, USA - JAN 2, 2003

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
PBOYNY (316) - Westchester, New York, USA - JAN 2, 2003
not much better than the regular fosterís shit...have fun avoiding this one!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Radek Kliber (6519) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - JAN 1, 2003
Gee . What should I say . I had no pleasure of drinking that BIG can at all . Anoying to stomach and my tatse buds . Very simple , very no no .

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Catadobe (112) - AUSTRALIA - DEC 20, 2002
Iíd have to say as far as Fosters goes this is one of their better brews, still abit fizzy for my tast buds but for the strenght not to bad.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
khayman70 (154) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - DEC 18, 2002
Not a beer that stands out in my mind, but a drinkable brew on a hot day.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
psychodrama311 (122) - petaluma, Nevada, USA - DEC 16, 2002
not a horrible beer..but the tin flavor is a bit strong at tymes. and sometymes you just canít get over it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Frank (3015) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 7, 2002
UPDATED: NOV 24, 2005 I had this again and looked at my original rating. It makes me laugh but it a sad way. Anyway, itís decent enough for what it is. Iím still giving bonus points for the megacan but not a five. Oh--by the way, I had it rated a 3.8.

Original: Iíve drank this quite a few times and I would have given this a 5 in appearance just because of the huge oil can it comes in. Tonight, I finally poured it in a glass and Iím still giving it a 5. Deep rich brownish amber color. Great head that leaves big chunks of lace on the side of the glass. Very mild flavor and aroma with just a hint of ale-fruityness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
UnionMade (621) - Connecticut, USA - DEC 3, 2002
People bag on Fosterís all the time, but I think the bitter is really good. I wish it came bottled, but I was pleased nonetheless. (The can is pretty cool, though.) Exactly how a bitter should taste. Fruity nose, medium body, enough malt presence to balance the hops, and of course, a hoppy finish. I liked this stuff, and Iíd buy it again. Oh. One more thing. 2.8% abv means you can drink a ton of these! Rock on!!!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Beloved Beer (278) - California, USA - NOV 20, 2002
Not much to say. The color was darker than I thought it would be. Pretty weak otherwise though.