overall
Brewed by Fosters Brewing (CUB)
Style: English Pale Ale
Southbank, Victoria, Australia
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 522   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.32   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
MOboy (505) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - OCT 20, 2002
Why is this so carbonated? Anyway, this is a bad beer. what else can I say that its score doesnít.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 13, 2002
Greatly superior to regular Fosterís. Notwithstanding this fact, itís still mediocre.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Trappist (284) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - OCT 10, 2002
Well I love bitters, but I have drank much better than this one. It is not the worst bitter I have ever had though, it does however have a nice clean taste to it, but not the dry bite I was used to that most bitters produce. I want to try it one more time however.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
krisbierjaeger (844) - dolores, Colorado, USA - OCT 6, 2002
oh, i dunno, itís not so bad. i was thirsty, took a sip... that seemed okay. then i found a stick and jammed it in my eye... ouch. not okay. so, choosing between those two, iíd have to go with the fosters. the amber color is superfluous since thereís nothing in the flavor suggestive of a dark malty wort. the head was perfunctory with cobwebby bubbles. some diet pretzels in the aroma, a bit of orange kool-aid. flavor is okay, nothing offensive, goes down smooth, and stays down. light bodied, watery at the edges, kinda ritz crackery, tho a little sweeter. there IS that moderate bitterness, but itís not apparent that it derives from hops-- could just as well have come from the judicious addition of a few rusty hubcaps and horseshoes.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Slovak34 (99) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - SEP 25, 2002
This is much better than regular Fosters. Itís not especially bitter, but itís surprisingly good.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - SEP 13, 2002
This was especially not bitter. I actually enjoyed this one when I donít tend to like bitter beers. A nice balance of ingredients.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Aggie80 (785) - Michigan, USA - SEP 9, 2002
Pretty good stuff, certainly better than the blue cans. Good head, bit of an aftertaste, but overall a nice smooth brew. Slight skunky smell, but not overpowering.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Wilecat (66) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - SEP 3, 2002
I was surprised. For a fosters beer this was actually quite good.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Dogbrick (8237) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - AUG 30, 2002
This was definitely better than I was expecting, although it was not very special or bitter. Brownish orange with a very thick foamy head that dissipated quicker than I expected. Light hops aroma. Flavor was really not bitter in any way, it was rather mellow with a malt presence. A little tinny and thin which I WAS expecting. Dry, lightly fruity finish. Overall I think if they tweaked this one a little it would be worth another try but as it stands it is kind of mundane.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Panzuriel (1316) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - AUG 21, 2002
A decent bitter. Good overall flavor. Texture is a bit thin, aroma is okay. A little bit whimpier than I like my bitters, but a good overall beer with consistent taste that is just a tad metallic.