overall
Brewed by Fosters Brewing (CUB)
Style: English Pale Ale
Southbank, Victoria, Australia
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 518   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.32   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Wilecat (66) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - SEP 3, 2002
I was surprised. For a fosters beer this was actually quite good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
MrGregAD199 (65) - Medford, Oregon, USA - JAN 2, 2003

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
VTIrishman99 (64) - Virginia, USA - JAN 8, 2003
Iím not a huge fan of dark beers, but I like fosterís, so I gave this one a try. It wasnt too bad, and wasnt great either... I drank it with a meal though (steak as I recall) and found it to be pretty complimentary, so maybe if you just want something malty to sip on, this is a good choice, but again, I cant see attempting to get hammered on this.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Kobal (64) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - AUG 14, 2013
Coppery color with a fairly thick white head that quickly dissipates. Nose is bread and sweet corn. Taste is a quick hit of mild bitterness that drops quickly leaving some astringency behind. Not much in the way of actual flavor, it does have a hint of fruitiness that follows the bitter. Light bodied almost to the point of watery. Better than Fosterís lager or most American macros for a similar price.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
DW78715816 (58) - Kansas, USA - FEB 16, 2014
I'll admit I like picking this up time to time. $2.15 for a big oil can, only reason I get it. Very little aroma or taste, can says "Ale with Carmel color added". T think that says it all. It is not a good beer but I like the novelty of it so I get one occasionally. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
dls13dls (58) - Royse City, Texas, USA - APR 16, 2014
Pours dark amber with a thick foamy head. Smells kinda sweet. Taste is like cheap malt and grass.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
SabreSkull (55) - North Augusta, South Carolina, USA - FEB 22, 2012
A cheap ale that is rather chemical tasting. Yes it has bitterness, but thatís about it. The oil can is kinda cool, though. The regular Fosterís is a little (but not much) better.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
dropkickm79 (53) - Oklahoma, USA - MAY 10, 2004
i liked it. i thought it had a good clean taste. very full of flavor but this not my first choice in a beer

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
rick10485 (53) - oneonta, New York, USA - AUG 17, 2007
Im not a huge fan of Fosters. Although, this EPA caught my attention. Nice full flavor of hops and yeasty carmel. Poured a nice golden creamy head with not too much carbonation. A little bit of a cheap barely after taste, only critism.

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
srwalker155210 (51) - Deltona, Florida, USA - MAR 14, 2003
The only thing it has going for it is the full bodied taste. I normally enjoy beers with a low alcohol content and full flavour, but this is one beer that failed the test.