overall
Brewed by Fosters Brewing (CUB)
Style: English Pale Ale
Southbank, Victoria, Australia
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 553   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.31/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Billicus (291) - @RED BHUT JOIKIAS!, Paulsboro, New Jersey, USA - JAN 14, 2012
12 This beer is so much more Billicus now rates this beer to be 76, fix it! taste great slap in your face awesome shut up!, color, awesome amber hue easy to drink and hello people oil can!!!! thats awesome you better learn your beers nay sayers! get it straight! overall, a regular beer for me nuf said THE SPONGE HAS SPOKEN!!!!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
garrison (808) - Cin. city, Ohio, USA - AUG 5, 2003
It's better than "Fosters Lager", but still wimpy for a bitter.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
AdamSkillin (376) - High Bridge, New Jersey, USA - SEP 5, 2004
The best Australian beer ever made in Canada. Fosters ESB has just that slight twinge of hoppiness at the end to compliment its malty deep red-brown color. Plus, it comes in a huge can, so you look like a tough guy when you drink it. A thoroughly enjoyable beer that malty lager drinkers will love for its drinkability and hoppy ale drinkers will slightly appreciate for its fragrance and twinge of bitterness. If you havenít tried this beer, you must.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Enderhat (12) - portage, Michigan, USA - OCT 2, 2006
Oil can. I drink at least a pint of this a night. I find the taste to be tolerable. A little mettalic but not so bad. The colder the better.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jpm8920 (152) - Park Ridge, New Jersey, USA - DEC 7, 2001
awesome beer

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Wilecat (66) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - SEP 3, 2002
I was surprised. For a fosters beer this was actually quite good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
dropkickm79 (53) - Oklahoma, USA - MAY 10, 2004
i liked it. i thought it had a good clean taste. very full of flavor but this not my first choice in a beer

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
keith0718 (434) - Kansas, USA - FEB 8, 2014
Doesnít rock my world but has a nice sweet aftertaste. Itís much better than the reviewers give it credit for.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
beer_rookie (332) - Arkansas, USA - NOV 23, 2015
Pours a golden copper color. Thick, creamy beige head, about three fingers. Pretty good read retention, pretty decent lacing. It is a narrow mouth can, so pouring is hard. Over pouring is easy, so take your time. Wonder what it would look like without the artificial coloring?

Aroma is yeasty, and bready. Light to medium roasted malts. A little wet hay smell in there. I also smell some earty hops.

Taste is medium roasted malt. Itís a little bitter, it kicks in late in the sip. Itís odd, but its satisfying. Thereís a little caramel. But the main characteristic is the bitterness.

Mouthfeel is medium. Its semi dry. Quite refreshing, decently drinkable. Yes, itís kind of bitter, but too much so.

Overall, I enjoyed this much more than I thought I I would. I think I would prefer this over most lagers. Iím glad I tried it. I recommend you try it too.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
UnionMade (621) - Connecticut, USA - DEC 3, 2002
People bag on Fosterís all the time, but I think the bitter is really good. I wish it came bottled, but I was pleased nonetheless. (The can is pretty cool, though.) Exactly how a bitter should taste. Fruity nose, medium body, enough malt presence to balance the hops, and of course, a hoppy finish. I liked this stuff, and Iíd buy it again. Oh. One more thing. 2.8% abv means you can drink a ton of these! Rock on!!!