Brewed by Fosters Brewing (CUB)
Style: English Pale Ale
Southbank, Victoria, Australia
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 544   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.32/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
garrison (792) - Cin. city, Ohio, USA - AUG 5, 2003
It's better than "Fosters Lager", but still wimpy for a bitter.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
AdamSkillin (376) - High Bridge, New Jersey, USA - SEP 5, 2004
The best Australian beer ever made in Canada. Fosters ESB has just that slight twinge of hoppiness at the end to compliment its malty deep red-brown color. Plus, it comes in a huge can, so you look like a tough guy when you drink it. A thoroughly enjoyable beer that malty lager drinkers will love for its drinkability and hoppy ale drinkers will slightly appreciate for its fragrance and twinge of bitterness. If you havenít tried this beer, you must.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Enderhat (12) - portage, Michigan, USA - OCT 2, 2006
Oil can. I drink at least a pint of this a night. I find the taste to be tolerable. A little mettalic but not so bad. The colder the better.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jpm8920 (152) - Park Ridge, New Jersey, USA - DEC 7, 2001
awesome beer

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Wilecat (66) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - SEP 3, 2002
I was surprised. For a fosters beer this was actually quite good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
dropkickm79 (53) - Oklahoma, USA - MAY 10, 2004
i liked it. i thought it had a good clean taste. very full of flavor but this not my first choice in a beer

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
keith0718 (430) - Kansas, USA - FEB 8, 2014
Doesnít rock my world but has a nice sweet aftertaste. Itís much better than the reviewers give it credit for.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
beer_rookie (225) - USA - NOV 23, 2015
Pours a golden copper color. Thick, creamy beige head, about three fingers. Pretty good read retention, pretty decent lacing. It is a narrow mouth can, so pouring is hard. Over pouring is easy, so take your time. Wonder what it would look like without the artificial coloring?

Aroma is yeasty, and bready. Light to medium roasted malts. A little wet hay smell in there. I also smell some earty hops.

Taste is medium roasted malt. Itís a little bitter, it kicks in late in the sip. Itís odd, but its satisfying. Thereís a little caramel. But the main characteristic is the bitterness.

Mouthfeel is medium. Its semi dry. Quite refreshing, decently drinkable. Yes, itís kind of bitter, but too much so.

Overall, I enjoyed this much more than I thought I I would. I think I would prefer this over most lagers. Iím glad I tried it. I recommend you try it too.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
UnionMade (621) - Connecticut, USA - DEC 3, 2002
People bag on Fosterís all the time, but I think the bitter is really good. I wish it came bottled, but I was pleased nonetheless. (The can is pretty cool, though.) Exactly how a bitter should taste. Fruity nose, medium body, enough malt presence to balance the hops, and of course, a hoppy finish. I liked this stuff, and Iíd buy it again. Oh. One more thing. 2.8% abv means you can drink a ton of these! Rock on!!!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BigBen2120 (688) - Derry, New Hampshire, USA - JAN 11, 2007
25.4oz can from Florianís in Auburn. Translucent amber body with a couple of inches of initial light tan head that dissipates surprisingly slowly and leaves a fair bit of lacing. Smell is weak, but has elements of malt and hop. Tastes sweet overall, sugary with slight hints of molasses. Initially simple tasting, but is a tad more complex than initially noticeable. Rather light-bodied, but heavier than expected. Not great but not bad either; Iím sure itís better than their other offering widely available in the states. Itís growing on me the more of it I drink. Pretty good for the price!