Brewed by Fosters Brewing (CUB)
Style: English Pale Ale
Southbank, Victoria, Australia
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 557   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.31/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
jaymobrown (1843) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 24, 2003
Big old can of beer that's yellow clear, smells like corn and tastes something like a corn muffin. I was happy when I was done so I could move onto something else. Really thin as well.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Pigfoot (2268) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - OCT 5, 2004
I had no idea this one was even available in the US, and after having one, I wonder why they bothered. If "Fosterís" is "Australian for beer", then "bitter" must be Australian for boring! Clear amber color, and a full frothy white head. (It is helped by the Belgian glass Iíve optimistically poured it into) Nose is fresh, soft, and dry, with slight toffeeish hints. Iím searching for any hint of fruit and come up empty. No worries, Iíve had non-fruity ales, before, and non-bitter bitters, too, but they, also were boring. And thatís the end of any thing I can possibly say in the positive about this brew. No flavor, no body, no texture, no bite, no nothing. Absolutely forgettable, and regrettable, in that the can is as large as the outback, at 25.4 ounces. Whatever I paid was too much... Why do they call it bitter when itís not? Why call it "ale" at all? Metallic taste comes in, thanks to Mr. Aluminum. Farewell, Fosterís Bitter, we shall never meet again...

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
mikey (503) - farmington, Utah, USA - FEB 15, 2007
Poured a clear light amber with a tall, creamy, slightly off-white head. The nose was of urine and copper. Tatse is like an American adjunct lager with more hop presence. the finish was hoppy and bitter. Mouthfeel was thin. This is crap. Someone please tell the Aussies to stop killing us with thier with their bad imported piss.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
cantona7 (6) - federal way, Washington, USA - MAR 24, 2007 does not count
not one of my fabe beers. i only buy it when thats the best thing available a tthe store..or if its cheap.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Oakes (15806) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 24, 2000
Bronze mainstream ale, with a touch of fruit.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
igneous1 (1533) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - NOV 24, 2001
just tastes sour to me

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 2/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - MAY 29, 2002
Amber color, bitter to the taste (as billed), a little bit dry, not too pleasing.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Radek Kliber (7165) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - JAN 1, 2003
Gee . What should I say . I had no pleasure of drinking that BIG can at all . Anoying to stomach and my tatse buds . Very simple , very no no .

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 17, 2003
Has a nice copper color with some carbonation and a corn/malt smell. Taste is kind of malted, but a little tinny and finishes with a bit of bitterness. Overall it is just another weak beer in a can.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
mohawksin (187) - Nebraska, USA - SEP 12, 2004
Hoppy aroma, big head. Color not as nice as other ratings led me to believe. Tasted of aluminum and some malt. Not really special, nor bitter.