overall

RATINGS: 282   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Mango Magnifico is a never-before-released, high-gravity fruit beer brewed with mango and Michigan-grown habaneros. Each 750mL bottle of this 10% ABV ale is intended to be shared. Not a traditional fruit beer, the delicate tropical fruit in Mango Magnifico is punctuated by a hint of heat, increasing the overall depth of flavor and adding another level of complexity. It will be a refreshing drink for the warm summer months.

edwardbass' rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
edwardbass (527) - Illinois, USA - AUG 20, 2013
Ever had Ed’s Cave Creek Chile beer? This reminds me of an actually good version of that, to an extent. The mango is obvious in the aroma, and so is the chile. Mango is obvious in the first few sips, but after that the habanero burn starts to dominate. It’s definitely a sipper. I could see it being a great pair with food that doesn’t have a strong and overpowering taste - fish? The combination of the ABV and the chile definitely warmed me up. Compliments of a beer buddy here at work as several of us shared his bottle. Would I purchase this myself? Probably not now that I’ve tried it. Would I drink it again? No question. Would I drink it often? Don’t think so - it’s a very intense experience.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Darkmagus82 (1731) - - OCT 18, 2014
Transfer from BA review on 5-9-14- Poured from bottle into a snifter Appearance – The beer pours clear golden color with a dense head of white foam. The head has a good level of retention, slowly fading over time to leave a wonderful level of streaky lace on the sides of the glass. Smell – A mass of sweet mango greets the nose with some other fruity smells of peach and apricot, as well as a little bit of a pear there as well. Along with these fruity smells are some lighter aromas of a doughy as well as a slightly spicy black pepper and yeasty smell. Taste – As one may expect from the name the taste begins with a rather potent and sweet mango flavor. With the mango are some bready flavors mixed within. Other fruits soon come to the tongue to join the mango. These fruit flavors of peach, banana, and apricot pale in intensity, but add a nice dimension to the sweetness. Some habanero pepper and a little bit of a grassy taste develop more toward the middle, taming some of the sweetness a tad. While the habanero starts out a bit lighter it really grows in intensity and after the beer is long gone from the tongue, a nice spicy burn mixed with a sweeter mango flavor is left to linger on the tongue. Mouthfeel – The body of the beer is the thicker and more syrupy side with a carbonation level that is on the average side. While a slightly higher carbonation may have been a bit better for the big mango and fruit flavors of the brew, the syrupy body is really quite appropriate of the flavors matching well the feel of thick fruit nectar, giving the brew an overall rather appropriate tongue coating are really upping the intensity of the habanero at the end. Overall – I actually really thought this was a neat combination for a brew. The sweet and spicy hot really played off each other quite well. I could see this brew matching a nice piece of roasted chicken quite nicely. A rather tasty one to try.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
IrishBoy (3856) - Bakersfield, California, USA - OCT 11, 2014
750 ml bottle from BMMillsy. Nose is mango, mango, mango, bubblegum, and a hint of the peppers. Clear yellow orange with a small off white head. Flavor is fruity and sweet with a contrasting light heat from the habaneros. Great contrast of sweet and spicy unlike a lot of the peppered beers I have tried. Definitely a great effort, not a "CRIME" (AKA Stone)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
didierlewallon (104) - ponferrada, SPAIN - SEP 23, 2014
Es una cerveza de color ámbar claro, con poca espuma de color blanca. En nariz presenta notas de picantes con un ligero sabor afrutado, hay notas de maltas caramelos, el sabor es dulce con una grande presencia de mango, el habanero pronto entra en acción, impartiendo un intenso sabor a picante que luego da paso a un equilibro entre el dulzor frutal tropical e intenso sabor a picante. El final es largo y afrutado, con un toque de habanero. Aun así es una buena cerveza.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Jesterdeal (1923) - Marlton, New Jersey, USA - SEP 16, 2014
Bottle shared with Man Night. Aroma is mango syrup, light pepper, and peaches. Pours orange-peach with light carbonation and a small head. Taste is sweet fruit forward: apricot, mango, peach, with a noticable habenero bitterness behind it. Light citrus hop. Mouthfeel is oily and greasy sticky followed by a significant slow burn of spice. By the end of the glass, you know you’ve been burnt. Nice balance of sweet and spice. I was expecting this to be more harsh.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
mabel (5805) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 14, 2014
[5634-20130816] Bottle. Mango tropical fruit aroma. Clear, light copper body with a quick foamy off-white head. Spiced sweet mango fruit flavour. Medium body has quite a hot kick in the finish. Not my cuppa but interesting to try. (5/3/4/1/8) 2.1
(@ Campground Brewdown 2013, Millmont, PA)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
AndyReynolds (897) - Dayton, Kentucky, USA - SEP 10, 2014
Bottle. I just come across several ratings scratched on some paper and I realized they have not been entered. Trying to keep up with this crap. I really think if I ever find them all I will be well over 2000 ratings as I have been doing this shit since 2008. Oh well...what can you do? I guess enter all of it in as I go but back when I started the "smart phone" was pretty damn expensive and all of my ratings were entered on my desktop. So pen and paper when we did Natifest or I would text myself ratings and enter them after. Shit sucked in the early days, especially at beerfests. I mean, there are probably still scraps of paper under a seat in my truck or my wife’s car because of one too many samples, dropping my notes on the floor, and accidentally kicking them under the seat. So...that’s what I’ve got. This beer is mango salsa. I had one recently that has aged over a year, the heat is more mellow and the beer is more predominant.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Drake (8617) - Free Union, Virginia, USA - AUG 29, 2014
750 mL bottle from Whole Foods Charlottesville, opened 8/7/14. Pours a clear amber color with a large frothy tan head. Fair head retention. Aroma of mango, chilis, canned tomatoes. The taste is similar, hot peppers, mango, caramel, canned tomatoes. Medium bodied, slight lingering heat, very disappoint for a Founders beer and disappointing for my 8400th rating.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Leveejr (108) - Dallas, Texas, USA - AUG 13, 2014
Bottle received in trade. Pours a nice bright orange. Smells of sweet mango juice with a little pepper on the back. Taste is similar with a great pepper burn on back end. This is an awesome beer ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
hopscotch (9242) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - AUG 3, 2014
Bottle... Pours mostly clear and yellow with a small, creamy, white head. Good retention. The aroma furnishes malty notes of cotton candy and sugar cookie, accompanied by chili pepper spiciness. Full-bodied with tickling carbonation. Unfortunately, the flavor is sickeningly sweet. The habanero component is the best feature of the overly syrupy flavor and sweet, lightly tart finish. Leaves a warm, spicy smoothness behind.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
CpyNPrnT (387) - Indiana, USA - AUG 3, 2014
Aroma of mango, taste is mango forward, lots of it, and a nice burn in the throat of habanero. Great tasting fruit beer!