RATINGS: 3366   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.15/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 249   ABV: 8.3%
The coffee lover’s consummate beer. Brewed with an abundance of flaked oats, bitter and imported chocolates and two types of coffee, this stout has an intense fresh-roasted java nose topped with a frothy, cinnamon-colored head that goes forever.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ljay6880 (475) - , Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 15, 2009
12 oz bottle served in a clear pint glass. Pour was deep black with 2 fingers of dark tan head. Excellent lacing on this brew. Nose is espresso and dark chocolate. Taste is the same, with a lingering espresso finish. This is a great beer, but I prefer the KBS!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
13mikey (503) - New Hope, Minnesota, USA - SEP 14, 2009
12 oz bottle from Casanova. Thick black pour with a brown head. Heavy chocolate aroma with a hint of coffee. Smooth, definite chocolate flavor with a fantastic lingering sweet finish.

TimRN999 (1) - USA - SEP 14, 2009 does not count
An old paramedic buddy of mine introduced me to Founder’s Breakfast Stout. I had grown tired of drinking bland light beers and he, in a way, resuscitated my passion for beer. I have always been a fan of Stouts, but now I’m a groupie. Guinness was always my go-to beer, but I can no longer drink Guinness without thinking of this beer. There is simply nothing bad to say about it. When you open the bottle you get a hint of coffee and chocolate that lets you know that you’re in store for something truly special. Founder’s Breakfast Stout takes a smooth, enjoying ride over your palate. I’ve never had a beer that brought back so many memories of my favorite edible delights. Coffee, dark chocolate, molasses... This beer is simply so damn good that I’m almost as angry that I swallowed it as I am happy to have had it caress every taste bud on the way down. I ration the bottles I have as to extend this taste nirvana. Please make more Breakfast Stout and send it all to Charlotte, NC.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Hopper (827) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - SEP 14, 2009
A dark black beer with a tan head. The aroma is so much like coffee it is amazing. The taste is the best damn coffee drink you will ever taste with alcohol in it that is unnoticeable. This is a coffee drinkers beer & a lot of people would be amazed by this beer that did not know it can get like this Extremely enjoyable.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
rabba9 (115) - Chaska, Minnesota, USA - SEP 12, 2009
Bottle pours a deep black with a very thin brown head. Aroma is definitely of coffee... dark roasted coffee. Flavor is roasted coffee and chocolate with a slightly bitter finish. Mouthfeel is heavy, I wouldn’t expect to have many other beers after this one. Kudos to Founders on this excellent coffee stout.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
TheGB (578) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - SEP 12, 2009
Pours a very dark brown with almost no head. Aroma has a lot of roasted coffee, malts, a bit of chocolate and hops. Taste is largely of roasted malt, coffee and hops. Finish is pretty bitter with coffee and hops. Actually pretty disappointed, I love coffee, but this has too much bitter coffee flavor for me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
pDazzler (6) - Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 12, 2009 does not count
12 oz bottle from Joe Canals in Delran NJ. Smelled like freshly brewed dark roast coffee. Super dark, thick, and creamy. Could clearly taste the coffee, chocolates, and oats but beautifully blended. Excellent beer in all regards.

Fulmonte21 (42) - USA - SEP 11, 2009
The perfect stout!!! I had this beer at RFD in Washington DC and it was truly the highlite of my trip. Dark brown color, nice head and smelled like coffee! Truly like breakfast in a glass.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
hellomisterp (56) - Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 11, 2009
Poured from a bottle ྨ/05/09) a creamy mouth feel to start. This is a coffee drinkers beer. This beer shines with bitter chocolates and kickin roasted malts. My palate is left thinking it had just drank the freshest coffee from Hawaii. Founders . . . its what for breakfast!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Trev (2023) - Lakeville, Minnesota, USA - SEP 11, 2009
pours black with thin tan head. Aroma is strong coffee, some bitter chocolate tones, as well as roasted malt and dark fruit. Flavour is excellent, smooth and creamy coffee and chocolate flavours giving way to a burnt malt bitterness towards the finish. Alc is blended perfectly. Excellent.