RATINGS: 3194   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.15   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 249   ABV: 8.3%
You’ve got to love coffee to truly appreciate this phenomenal brew. Brewed with an abundance of flaked oats, bitter and sweetened imported chocolates, Sumatra and Kona coffee. We’re actually not sure if this is some type of coffee cake or a beer. Either way you can drink this ale with a fork. Breakfast Stout has an intense fresh roasted coffee nose toped with a cinnamon colored frothy head that seems to never fade and makes you wish breakfast could last forever.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
chicagobears (438) - Elk Grove Village, Illinois, USA - NOV 1, 2008
Finally got my hands on this. Coffee and chocolate are of a fine quality. Great ingredients, great flavor. Drink it for Breakfast, drink it after Dinner. Either way you’ll be happy.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
xpimptastikx (103) - Austin, Texas, USA - NOV 1, 2008
A very big thanks to CSmiley for this want as an extra. It was drank the morning after halloween. Pours a thick jet black. Hardly any head is produced, what’s there is a light brown that’s almost frothy when swirled. Smells almost perfect. A nice balance between the roastedness and bittersweet chocolate. The taste is almost perfect. The chocolate holds up to the roasted malts, but the coffee could be a little stronger. I think this bottle was from last years production. When it hits your tongue it has a good amount of carbonation and leaves a silky feeling. The 8.3 abv makes this more drinkable than it should be. A pretty great beer overall.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
smashteroid (262) - Alabama, USA - OCT 31, 2008
I tried this beer about three years ago at the Extreme Beer Festival in Boston. I declared it one of the best beers of the night, and have been searching for it ever since. Somehow, I located a store in NJ that stocks it. Served cold from a 12 oz. bottle. Pours black with a good brown head. Aroma is all chocolate, coffee, and caramel. One of my favorite aromas ever, maybe. The taste matches up well with the scent. Great chocolate/coffee flavor, with a tiny hint of hops. Creamy mouthfeel, a touch of alcohol at the very end. One of the better imperial stouts I’ve consumed.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
dvonaught (1) - Malden, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 29, 2008 does not count
Great beer, full of flavor coffee/chocolate. Chocolate taste really come out after a year. I could smell this all day

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Hugerat (452) - somerville, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 28, 2008
Stumbled upon this totally by accident at a locat bar - The Independent - despite looking for it for years. My first impression was not coffee, as other reviewers found, but a deep earthiness. The lacing on the glass struck me as more beautiful than any beer I’ve had, with a wonderful cathedral windowpane effect. Definitely have to get more.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
imadeadguy (378) - back in NJ!, New Jersey, USA - OCT 28, 2008
12oz. from bmartin08. Pour is black with nice brown head. Aroma is strong of coffee, chocolate, and malt. Flavor is dominated by coffee. Awesome brew!

HopsWhisperer (10) - , North Carolina, USA - OCT 28, 2008
The first comment I have about this beer is to make sure you let it warm before drinking. The drinking experience improves dramatically as this beer warms. If I were to close my eyes when smelling this beer, I would swear I was smelling a fresh brewed cup of coffee. Bittersweet cocoa and fresh ground coffee beans prevail. It is black as night, with a cinnamon (yes, the label is very accurate) colored head that is slow to build and leaves bits of lace dotting the sides of the tulip glass all the way down. As I drink this, I am reminded of dark chocolated covered espresso bean candies. Bitter cocoa followed by a bitter coffee flavor. A slight hint of alcohol is also present. Mouthfeel is fairly thick, with a definite warming all the way down. The flavor clings to my mouth, not wanting to really disappear even after several minutes. Overall, I had quite high expectations for this beer. I can’t say it has let me down, but I am also not sure that it is the best big stout I have had. But if you are an Imperial Stout lover, don’t miss it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
badlizard (5535) - Berkeley, California, USA - OCT 27, 2008
Bottle from Lone Hill. Black with a small dark brown head. Sweet earthy chocolate and coffee aroma. Dark chocolate taste with a big earthy grain and coffee bitterness finishing somewhat dry. Pretty good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
arrogantb (1402) - Denver, Colorado, USA - OCT 26, 2008
The first bottle I drank was very heavy on the coffee smell and flavor. The second bottle seemed more oatmeal and chocolate. Anyway, the beer looked the same both times: black with a nice brown head. The mouth-feel was very smooth and the drinkability was pretty good. I liked this one a lot more the second time I drank it. I did enjoy this one more than the Terrapin Wake-N-Bake which is a very good beer itself. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 02-21-2007 16:02:07

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
kosko20 (350) - Hopewell Junction, New York, USA - OCT 26, 2008
A good brew but I do love coffee and this isn’t a good example of a great coffee beer. Black pour, minimal tan head. Aroma is coffee with some chocolate and caramel notes. Flavor is much of the same.