overall

RATINGS: 1888   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.29   SEASONAL: Spring   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 336   ABV: 11.2%
A bit of backwoods pleasure without the banjo. This strong stout is brewed with a hint of coffee and vanilla then aged in oak bourbon barrels. Our process ensures that strong bourbon undertones come through in the finish in every batch we brew. We recommend decanting at room temperature and best enjoyed in a brandy snifter.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
cmr1517 (35) - New Haven, Indiana, USA - MAY 28, 2007
Thanks to bdigi66, Is absolutley the best bourbon stout I have ever tasted!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
bdigital (658) - Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA - MAY 28, 2007
UPDATED: JUN 12, 2008 Pitch black pour with little to no head on it. Some of the finest espresso bean aroma hits you right off the bat. A faint bourbon linger sneaks up on me like a some crazy ninja would, being very subtle but lethal. Viscous mouth feel that holds tight throughout. A malty, brown sugar and vanilla start finishes into fine coffee/espresso with just enough of a bourbon taste that doesnít overpower it. Very fine brew, Iím just pleased I was able to get my hands on a couple of bottles. 9-5-9-5-19

Re-Rate: Draft at the brewery pours a pitch, midnight black with a medium-sized rocky, tan head. Mild bourbon aroma hits you immediately followed by a mix of dark roasted malt, espresso, dark brown sugar and chocolate. A sweet vanilla bean taste imparts itself upon my mouth and is backed by a smooth chocolate and coffee essence. Notes of the bourbon come through on the finish. Just Phenomenal. 10-5-9-5-19

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
DMRz (230) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - MAY 27, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 24, 2009 2007 bottle. Dark brown-almost-black color with short medium tan head. Aroma reminds me of a strong cup of french vanilla coffee with a hint of bourbon. The taste is quite similar, although I pick up a subtle sweetness, a stronger bourbon flavor, and chocolate. It is rather light on the palate and is very satisfying. Would work well as a coffee alternative (for a more exciting work day...). I prefer this over the regular fouders breakfast stout. Note for 2009 batch: After tasting the latest release, I found that the flavors and aromas of coffee and the accompanying bitterness are much more pronounced, with less vanilla. It is still an excellent brew but I prefer the previous batch.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
RichJ7 (1175) - Cullman, Alabama, USA - MAY 27, 2007
Pours a very darl brownish black. Rich, strong coffee aroma. Bitter flavor with hints of oak and bourbon, very subtle. Big alcohol presence, full bodied. Excellent.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Zeswaft (1437) - Charleston, South Carolina, USA - MAY 26, 2007
wow, fantastic, absolutely fantastic. smells and tastes like giant chunks of chocolate. Subtle flavors of oak and bourbon that compliment this perfectly. if i didnít have to pay $9 for it in PA iíd love it way more.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
hopslovin (194) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - MAY 25, 2007
Black pour. Strong bourbon notes on the aroma. Licorice, bourbon, chocolate, coffee flavors are all fighting for attention. A little heat present in the finish. I love this stuff!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
joe1510 (501) - Illinois, USA - MAY 25, 2007
12oz. Bottle $19.99 4-Pack Binnyís Orland Kentucky Breakfast Stout pours black as night. Visocus body that gurgles into my snifter. A chocolate half finger head formed on the pour that faded to a ring. The ring leaves ringed lacing after each drink. Very handsome beer. Big notes of coffee and vanilla. This beer absolutely makes my mouth water. Mild bourbon and oak. The coffee smells freshly brewed and hot. This very easily could be the best smelling beer Iíve ever had the opportunity to smell. The flavor is as good as the smell. One of the best beers Iíve ever tasted. Starts off with freshly brewed coffee and cream. Mild vanilla up front. Mid palate the coffee gets stronger and is accompanied by hazelnut, a splash of bourbon, and even a little hop spiciness. Excellent! Mouthfeel is perfect. Thick and creamy body. Sluggish carbonation lets the beer work through my mouth velvety smooth. There is no doubt about this beer beeing a sipper but itís one that I could sip from the moment I rolled out of bed until I fell back asleep. This is one special brew. I wasnít sure if this would live up to all the talk or not. It lives up to and surpasses the talk. One of the best beers Iíve expierenced in my drinking days. Exceptional! 4/7/07

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
JJClark (551) - Roscoe, Illinois, USA - MAY 24, 2007
Bottle from trade with kmweaver. Thanks Ken! Pours a black thick rich color with a decent size tan head. Aroma of bourbon, malt and vanilla extract. Taste of coffee, caramel amd molasses. The flavor is silky smooth and smokey. Has a nice creamy chocolate start with a bit of earthy finish. Very nice brew!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
polomagnifico (1202) - Saginaw, Michigan, USA - MAY 21, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 18, 2012 12oz bottle. Aroma is sweet coffee, molasses, bourbon, vanilla, wood and dark dried fruit. Appearance is pitch black with small brown mostly diminishing head that left virtually no lace. Flavor is heavy sweet espresso malt. Palate is full body, oily flat. Some alcohol on the nose and palate but you wouldnít know itís 10%. Really didnít like this beer back in 2007 but I am loving 2012! Great balance between the coffee and bourbon. Sticky sweet deliciousness!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
jewedekind (450) - Middleton, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 20, 2007
Best beer I had at the GTM í06. Black as the inside of a coal mine. Flavor of the meanest stuff youíve ever consumed. Made me go back and skip line several times..and I never do that ;-)