RATINGS: 1632   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.81   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 198   ABV: 6.6%
Pours a spectacular crimson red with a creamy tan head. Brewed with four varieties of Belgian caramel malts imparting a sweet richness. Reds Rye is impressively balanced with its hop bitterness and floral bouquet achieved from the dry hop. In the finish, the generous amount of malted rye used accentuates a spicy crisp finish.

Bottled - winter seasonal. On tap - year-round.

Note: Formerly Redís Rye P.A.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
sersdf (1018) - chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 22, 2006
a very solid beer all around. iím learning more about hops with founders. this and the centennial have a very hoppy aroma, but itís a very sharp hops. i was raised on the three floyds hop, and this is quite a bit different. sharp, in the sense of how a mint leaf smells compared to what youíre used to as mint flavor. easily identifiable rye smell/taste. pretty terrific

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
paul9639 (116) - New Hampshire, USA - APR 20, 2006
2nd time I tried this, but first time I am rating it. Bought it bottled in a bar , and was impressed. I was a couple Belgians in, so my rating wouldnít be that accurate! I bought a 6 pick, and I think I got a bad batch. Upon opening each bottle (3 so far) the head pours out for a good minute. The beer is then basically unpourble. Once poured, the flavor is "off" and their is huge chunks of black yeast? floating in the the glass. No fun!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BitchesBrew (715) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - APR 13, 2006
[bottle] Pours a reddish amber color with consistently tall, foamy heads. Aroma is quite pleasent- herbal hops and rye. Flavors are quite bitter- nearly spicy. Sourdough bread yeast, finishes astringent with a fine hop finish. Very nice.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ultraspank (867) - Alverca, Lisboa, PORTUGAL - APR 11, 2006
Very nice nose, no shortage of hops spice and brown sugar; bring it on! As the brew warms, a strong floral character permeates the aroma. The brew pours a cloudy orange copper. The stiff, tall off white head is rocky with excellent retention, and leaves wispy webs of lace. The flavor is exceptional. If I was tasting blind, Iíd think I was sampling a very well made IPA. Bitter throughout with stout depth and a strong coffee finish. The medium to full body is soft and very dry. Iím surprised that this brew doesnít have a stronger average, this one caught me off guard. If this brew is indicative of the prowess of this brewer, Founders may be one of the best kept secrets in the industry.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
labattfreak (58) - Coldwater, Michigan, USA - APR 3, 2006
As the name implies, I could only taste one thing...rye. I hate rye bread, so I found this beer extremely hard to drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
vyvvy (4777) - Florissant, Missouri, USA - APR 2, 2006
Pours a clear dark reddish brown - slightly hazy with a very pillowy looking off white head. Pleasing smooth hop aroma. Aroma is a hops with some malt aspects that give it a smooth feel. Taste begins full bodied with the malt up-front - nice dark roastiness with carmel aspects. Shortly after that comes the heavy hop presence and dryness from the rye. The finish is hop and rye bitterness. The lacing on the glass is very heavy. This is a fantastic beer from a brewery that never lets me down.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
mds (2250) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 31, 2006
bottle. pours an auburn coloured body with a large frothy tan head that slowly dissipates leaving a thin lacing. the aroma is potent with resiny hop notes - lots of grapefruit and creamy bread. The rye presence tends to attenuate the apparent hoppiness and it turns out to be reasonably balanced. brackish at times with moderate carbonation and liberal spiciness in the finish. I don’t know, for the most part it is pretty good but something didn’t really sit well with me. I definitely prefer the Black rye but I’ll have to revisit this one.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
murrayswine (101) - Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 27, 2006
I poured this into my HB stick. The head is thick and lacey with an ultra-white, soft cotton top. The beer is an awesome deep caramel-amber with a slight haze. The aroma was very strong with deep citrus tones, bold hops and a sharp sourdough. The taste comes on like a 2-ton hammer. The first sip is all hops, but not overwhelming, itís complex with multiple layers. The tasting yielded hints of cashew, points of sweet cream, and a medium body finish. I downed three bottles of this stuff with ease, this beer is fantastic

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
KingpinIPA (841) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 27, 2006
Redish brown color. Can smell hops but they smell diffent. Tastes like it smells but better. I love this kind of rye, hops and bitterness at the end. Great beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
blankboy (6667) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 18, 2006
Bottle courtesy of Thaichile. Bottle opened with a loud "POP" and the beer came gushing out! I was able to catch some of it and luckily it stopped gushing shortly after. It poured a murky reddish-brown with a massive long lasting foamy off-white head. Pour this sucker very carefully! I had to wait a while before I could actually drink it. Aroma of floral hops, sweet malt, some spices and a good amount of rye. Flavour of sweet malt, rye, spices, some alcohol and a long hoppy finish. Medium to full bodied. Unique and quite enjoyable.