overall

RATINGS: 42   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.39   ABV: -
Founding Fathers Lager is a full-bodied American Lager with rich amber color. A combination of both two and six row barley, a blend of three classic American hops from the Pacific Northwest, and a touch of roasted carmel malt will make this the new American favorite.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
SSSteve (3786) - - MAY 5, 2012
bottle. clear amber with a large, fluffy, white head. sweet malty nose with some bready munich or vienna malt. palate is medium for the style and creamy. not as bready in the flavor as i hoped with an odd bitterness. pretty solid beer though.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
SpringsLicker (3156) - Tennessee, USA - MAY 1, 2012
Clear medium amber body with a good sized, slightly off-white sticky head. Aroma of grain and musty wet cardboard. Kinda tastes like a soured beer with some detergent in it. Really bad. Thin.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
Stldsf1 (616) - Florida, USA - APR 28, 2012
I overrated this simply because half of the profits go to help familys of veterans. Pretty standard amber lager. Nothing special but worthy cause. Well done. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
BVery (6559) - Burnsville, Minnesota, USA - APR 19, 2012
Bottle. Amber pour with a nice white head - interesting appearance for a pale lager. Nose and taste are burnt grain and cardboard. More character than BMC, but that’s about it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
steve1966 (107) - Florida, USA - APR 18, 2012
Well I am wandering my local supermaket beer aisle and there it is a new beer to try. First I think it is an attempt at a Sam Adams knockoff. I check up on it and make my purchase after realizing it is not. It is an American Made beer designed to compete with Bud and all the foreign backed US brands. Interesting label if silly pics I mean look at old George. Ok I wanted to like this one. City Brewing usually misses the mark I remember that Cable Car crap from a few years back its still sitting unbought in the back of my Winne Dixie. Guess no one will take it back. This beer looks better than it tastes nice copper color nice head nice lacing. The taste man its the worst I have had in a while Cheap thin not much in the way of flavor or taste. Offensive going down. If they wish to succeed in this beer market they need to change the formula. I am sorry to say but I would take a Sam or Bud over this any day. I wanted to like this and was anxious to try it now I have 5 more of these bad boys to do something with.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
lithy (2996) - Capital of Appalachia, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 2, 2012
Dark caramel color, beige cover. Aroma is burnt caramel, metallic. Taste is again burnt caramel, metallic, plasticy almost. Just awful.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Cybercat (3377) - Georgia, USA - MAR 31, 2012
Pours a nice coppery amber with an average but decent white head. Aroma is typical of a lager, but has strength and depth that I don’t get from most pale lagers, having strong fruity notes as well as the expected lager aroma. Flavor is malty and somewhat fruity, more rounded than most lagers and quite pleasing. Mouthfeel is fairly smooth and firm with a good amount of fizz. Definitely worth seeking.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
nearbeer (3776) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAR 18, 2012
12 oz. Clear copper with a small disc of bubbles. Nose is caramel and toast, with just a hint of citrus and dry grass. Flavor is the same blend, with more of the dry grass and citrus for a crisp finish. Light-medium body is a touch to the sweet side, but still fairly sessionable. Almost like a Vienna; this is definitely not a pale lager.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Suttree (5186) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAR 15, 2012
Coppery orange, which is kind of surprising. I suppose I was expecting something yellow. Smells like caramel with a hint of cinnamon. Flavor is caramel, cinnamon, with some grassy hops in the finish. Better than I expected.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
DasBierChef (1083) - Hudson, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 29, 2012
Typical light lager. Love the logo and mission, but wish there was better beer behind the label.