Four Avenues Bitter
     click to upload

Brewed by Four Avenues Brewing Co.
Style: Bitter
Christchurch, New Zealand
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.35/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.9/5   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
horotane (18) - NEW ZEALAND - MAR 22, 2013
Much lighter than I would have thought. Would not pick as a bitter. Very drinkable, but call it pale ale and drink it in the sun.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Jimthechap (2064) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - NOV 19, 2012
UPDATED: MAY 17, 2013 I’m surprised by the colour of this beer. It seemed lighter than I was expecting. Golden yellow with evident carbonation and a film of head. Star and golden malts seem to be the contributing aromas along with borage honey and perfumy grass. This manifests in the flavour along with sweets, Werther’s caramel and honeycomb. A tasty little sod, I’m shortlisting this as my next pint. Enduring flavours of honey and wax. (3.3/5) This re-rate is because I have just enjoyed this off handpull. It accentuates the gorgeous waxy body of the beer and the slightly warmer serving temperature does the flavour no end of favours.