overall

RATINGS: 266   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.65   IBU: 47   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Our Hop Knot IPA is made only from American malt and lots of American hops, which produce a big, broad-shouldered, hoppy beer backed up by a character as warm as, well, Mom and apple pie… Hop Knot IPA get its peculiar name from the weaving of four different hops added at four separate times during the brewing process. Including our cavernous hop-back, which gets so stuffed with whole leaf hops that we feel genuine guilt for its excess. Hop Knot is an ale that is to be enjoyed with friends, spicy food or any time you need a good hop fix without the harsh bitterness. We hope you enjoy this pioneering beer made in the bold spirit of Americans everywhere.

seantaylorus (19) - - OCT 11, 2014
Perfect ipa. Everything a good ipa provides: cool refreshing taste, lightly bitter yet clean aftertaste, and plenty of alcohol.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
bradleypariah (7) - Arizona, USA - JAN 8, 2012 does not count
Although this beer is not well known throughout the world (or even the United States for that matter), I find myself using this beer as a standard for what I compare all other IPAs to. I am not kidding. This is my epitome of a good IPA. It is floral, smooth, delicious, only slightly bitter, and simply an embodiment of the flavor of fresh hops. Are there hoppier beers out there? Yes. Are there better single IPAs? No. There really aren?t. It is the only beer I?ve ever had that is excessively hoppy without being excessively bitter or "sticky". This IPA is a work of art.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
AZnative (3) - Arizona, USA - AUG 4, 2011 does not count
First off, I am completely biased on this rating since I live less than a mile away from Four Peaks Tempe. On tap and from a growler, pours a copper color with a tiny white head. Smell is incredible citrus. Taste is citrus and pine which = deliscious! Along with Stone IPA and Dogfish Head 60 & 90 minute IPA’s, this is one of my favorites, but again, i’m biased.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
JRials (1) - Arizona, USA - JUL 25, 2012 does not count
One of my favorites. Lot of floral hop taste, lighter on the bitterness side for an ipa.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
lucklys (62) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - FEB 13, 2011
On tap, it arrived at our table glowing a clear golden-copper amber and held a finger-thick off-white head that filled what little space was available above the beer (my only complaint, really, but technically I got more beer). The head was fueled by multiple steady streams of carbonation that lasted throughout the drink and provided ample support to the amazing sheets of sticky lacing that graced the glass while I sipped on it. Awesome head retention and lacing? A great way to start a beer off, in my opinion. --- I held my nose over the brew and caught huge whiffs of orange peel and grapefruit zest, pine needle hops, and some faint grassy-malt sweetness underneath. The lively bitterness almost made it seem fizzy in my nose, but it was a welcome vivacity from an IPA and was very reminiscent of summer. --- Eager to bathe my taste buds in the hoppy glory that was emanating from the Hop Knot, I first had to get over how super quaffable the brew was. This is some seriously smooth beer. It flooded my mouth with just enough piney, resiny hops, orange peel and grapefruit zest without overwhelming my senses. It was freshly bitter and bright without too much bite thanks to the lightly caramel sweet malts that made a quick appearance before the grand finale. Throughout the drink, the bitterness briskly jigged with the finely-bubbled peppy carbonation, creating a lighter mouthfeel (among a medium body) and leaving my tongue feeling awake and refreshed. And despite all of the happy hops jumping around between my cheeks, the ending was nice and smooth with a clean aftertaste.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
AZBennett (114) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - MAR 20, 2013
I absolutely love this beer, So be forewarned. Pours a clean golden hue, with bright citrus hop notes and some bread. Tastes like it smells, big citrus notes with some bready malt characteristics that edge into the flavor profile. Finishes nice with lingering hop flavors. Overall this one of the few local beers I keep on hand at all times. It is a superb beer and something to show off to out of towners.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ElGaucho (2240) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - MAR 29, 2013
Can. Nice hoppy aroma. Outstanding session quality IPA that is smooth and drinkable with great balance, fruity hop flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
jmlynchaz (11) - Arizona, USA - MAY 21, 2013
My "go-to" house IPA. You can’t go wrong with this. Hopefully it becomes widely available so that others can experience one of the best regular beers by this Tempe institution.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Bengibbs6 (53) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - FEB 28, 2014
Draft- Phoenix Arizona. This beer gets me where I need to be. Nice pomelo on the nose, flavor is crisp citrus and lingering pine. It's great. Recommend! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
drabmuh (194) - Maryland, USA - AUG 18, 2010
Another great beer from Four Peaks Brewery in Tempe, Arizona. This beer falls between a pale ale and an IPA. Smell was closer to an IPA (lots of hops) the flavor seemed to be more subtle. Not as hoppy as most IPAs, good flavor and after taste. Reminded me of a strong american pale ale. This was an incredibly easy beer to drink, very flavorful and smooth. This beer started as a seasonal but was recently made a year round brew now available in kegs and bottles.