overall

RATINGS: 403   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.12   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
This is an ale made in the tradition of the great strong ales of Scotland. Amber colored, malty sweet with underlying note of smokiness.

BigDaveE59 (19) - - MAR 29, 2012
Perfect, perfect, perfect! I drink this by preference by the six-pack since I can get it at my local grocer, but on draft.... Oh, hell yeah! Amazing flavor, perfect head, aroma that soothes, palate pleasing, smooth finishing beverage of perfection. And its from Arizona? Too perfect!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
DKBlade (1) - Illinois, USA - FEB 17, 2009 does not count
I used to go to school in Arizona and I became hooked. I now crave it and wish there is some way that I could get some sent to me in Illinois. But alas.....I cannot *tear*

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
bobbyajo (2) - Arizona, USA - MAY 5, 2012 does not count
I’ m not sure why a comment is needed but I like this beer. I also try to support local so it’s a win win for me as I live in AZ.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
AtronSeige (723) - Johannesburg, SOUTH AFRICA - MAR 11, 2013
Pours a clear amber/copper with little head, but lots of carbonation. The head is off white with very fine bubbles. Aroma of stewed fruitiness with a slight dryness. The taste is fairly dry, with a bit of maltiness in the back of the throat. Slightly roasty. The bitterness seems to kick in a few seconds after you swallow. Slight alcohol warming. Light to Medium bodied, surprisingly little carbonation in the mouth, considering the carbonation in the bottle. Bitterness definitely lingers. I will happily drink a fair amount of these. 355ml bottle, Poured. Thanks Amanda for bringing this for me!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
bbooth (115) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - APR 16, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 7, 2003 Real deep amber color. Malty nose. Sweet malt start, medium body, smokey alcohol finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
dvsarchitect (1) - Show Low, Arizona, USA - FEB 21, 2008 does not count
Great, great dinner beer! Robust yet smooth, sweet smokey flavor, slightly bitter finish resembling a vodka soaked martini olive. I think it’s got great balance and would recommend this ale to anyone!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
omestes (6) - Flagstaff, Arizona, USA - MAY 15, 2004 does not count
This is a decent beer, not the best, but definatly among ’em. Good color, dark golden. Decent head. Kind of sweet, not too hoppy. Not bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
lemansgranprix (20) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - JAN 13, 2007
Tap. Great beer, separate alcohol taste at times, but overall an extremely enjoyable beer. On the strong side and definitely easy to drink - so buyer beware. Great beer for the winter as well.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ninfan1 (14) - USA - JUN 12, 2000

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
UofFkid (108) - Orlando, Florida, USA - JAN 15, 2007
Tap. Previously I had only had this in bottle. Very nice, light red in color. Smooth taste. Very nice Scottish offering. My favorite pour of the evening.