overall

RATINGS: 110   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33   IBU: 66   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
A true English Indian Pale Ale. Our Raj IPA is created with a medium body and finishes dry and bitter – possibly even more so than your Uncle Sal after you broke his window when you were eleven. Our English IPA has an intense hop flavor and high hop bitterness. The lofty hop level was originally required so the ale would stay preserved and survive the voyage around Africa during the English occupation of India in the 18th century.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
bbooth (115) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - JUN 3, 2002
I love Cask beers!!! I always thought the Four Peaks IPA was average, but after a little cask conditioning it smoothes out considerabely. Deep Amber color, dense rich off white head. Hoppy aroma, slightly sweet start, nice medium body, bitter/hop finish. Silky mouthfeel.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
jonwal1 (4) - tempe, Arizona, USA - AUG 27, 2013 does not count
Dangerous to the parched lip. Arizona day drinking may produce a hazy outcome. Cheers!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
mikedR (1346) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - APR 4, 2014
I disagree with the description but I love this IPA. Not especially bitter. What I love here is the strong citrus aroma and taste and the slight sweetness in flavor. Good stuff. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
bigbeersrule (113) - USA - JAN 30, 2004
A good IPA but I'm getting a little tired of the standard use of cascade hops. Not as good as their latest beers but a good standby at the brewery.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Maltajo (329) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - JAN 6, 2012
In tap at Nobel Hops, Oro Valley AZ. Nice pour with a thin head. Very tasty and crisp. Refreshing with a bite at the back end. Good for you Tempe!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
turbo (1271) - Arizona, USA - MAR 15, 2005
This turned out to be my favorite of the day at Four Peaks. Golden yellow with a good head and lacing. Nice crisp hop and malt aroma. Flavor was hopy but not over the top. Citrus on the finish. This is a good easy drinking I P A and I ended up having two more pints for the road.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
TAR (2518) - Lafayette, Colorado, USA - MAR 13, 2002
Cask offering: aroma is very fruity and citric. appearance of small particles, golden, dense haed that is creamy and sticky. hop burp from the extensive dry hopping of some hybrid-hop i had never heard of before this. are those cascades that make this thing so chewy?

Keg: Chunky froth, dense and sticky. aroma is buttery and toasted malt. flavors of passion fruit, tart pineapple, and a nice bitterness. Keg rating 3.7

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ajm (1066) - Los Angeles, California, USA - DEC 7, 2008
Draft at brewery. I thought this was fantastic. My previous experiences with Hop Knot were not charming, but this was really great. Nice citrus, light floral and very clean and bright hop flavors like a tart harvest ale. I was very impressed, and this wasnt even my first beer of the night. This batch is SOLID.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
jewedekind (450) - Middleton, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 6, 2005
On cask at the brewery. A nice slightly hazy IPA (I think the one I had a different name). Floral/piney noce, big grapefruit. Amber. Great head retention and lacing. Fruity and enjoyable...so good I bought a growler.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mmbt7 (26) - Moorhead, Minnesota, USA - APR 14, 2009
My Four Peaks Favorite. For the true hops fan. Complex and bitter, not suited for a beginner.