Four Sons Billie Vanilli

(RETIRED)
Four Sons Billie Vanilli
     click to upload

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.75/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.3   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
A chocolate/vanilla porter

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Homebrewerguy (303) - Oil City, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 14, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 10, 2005 I taut I vas trinkink bier vhen I hoisted dis to mein lip, den qvickly eatink I vas. Looked again I did unt zhere in mein hant vas zis bier. Amazink! Ein bier dat makes chocolate into mein mouth! Zo now vhat, do Sviss chocolate taste like bier?
Earlier Rating: 1/13/2005 Total Score: 3.7
DRAUGHT I say....I say boy....HEAVY chocolate flavor and aroma in this one. Tastes like eating milk chocolate, Hopping takes a backseat to the chocolate and hint of vanilla, extremely well crafted beer if not for the cloying taste. carb is minimal and palate is full which makes this go down real easy. I’ve noticed that Four Sons seems to overstate their beer styles. Whatever makes the style unique, crank it up! As if to say,"If somes good, mores better."