RATINGS: 5   MEAN: 3.24/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97   EST. CALORIES: 351   ABV: 11.7%
Our Blackberry Honey Wine (mead) is a light, refreshing, fruity style. The alcohol content is 11.7% and the mead is off-dry to semi-sweet. We have aged this one with oak, but not as heavily as some of our other styles. We recommend the mead to be served chilled, but not ice cold.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
574deadzone (1038) - North Central, Indiana, USA - AUG 26, 2013
6.5 oz. pour from bottle. A still mead, deep ruby-plum color. Not super leggy, but some appear after a while. Nose is big on honey and tart fruit, with almost a dank earthy and leathery quality coming through. Pretty sweet flavor, fairly tart as well. Fuller bodied, oily and viscous, some alcohol warmth, with a tart berry finish. Actually finishes quite dry for being so sweet up front. Tasty fruit mead, a nice digestif.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
obguthr (3828) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - JUN 8, 2012
Concord grape dominated nose, neither honey nor blackberry detected. Clear ruby red, still. Not as sweet on the palate as the jam sweet impression I got from the aroma. Tannic. Concord grape flavor. Little mead character, more similar to cheap red table wine than anything else.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Drake (8539) - Free Union, Virginia, USA - NOV 26, 2010
Bottle from Whole Foods Market, Vienna, VA. Pours a clear pinl-orange color. No head. Aroma of strong honey notes, blackberries, cherries, other berry notes and faint vanilla. The taste is cherries, berries, vanilla, honey and booze. The tastes are muddled and it really comes across as almost cloying and much like fruit punch. Medium bodied. Fairly disappointing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
pauljackson1 (25) - Fairfax Station, Virginia, USA - FEB 16, 2009
This is a nice refreshing fruity mead. It is slightly sweet. Although the meadery indicates that it is aged in oak, I was unable to pick out any oak flavors. Also, I found the mead improved greatly 20 minutes or so after opening. I think it needs a little time to air out. After that, it was great, for the next three days until it was finished. Great light, resreshing mead.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
NachlamSie (2764) - Denver, Colorado, USA - DEC 16, 2008
Pour from a bottle at Asheville Pizza. This is darn red in color. No carbonation is visible. The aroma is predominantly blackberry. I had trouble discerning any genuine honey just by my nose. I had a feeling this would be sweet, and it is. This is a still mead, but thin on the palate for the style. Lots of blackberry all over the place, honey is only an afterthought with small hints at honey comb and cork. This is too juicy for my taste and much, much too fruity. I am eager to try their traditional mead as this one is seriously fruity.