Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn Dark
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 34   MEAN: 3.13/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.07   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Brewed for the Bavarian Inn Restaurant in Frankenmuth.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
DrewTaylor (154) - Michigan, USA - NOV 26, 2006
Very nice dark beer. Deep brown color with a suprisingly small head. Deep flavor with molasses finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
tbarnette (105) - Allen Park, Michigan, USA - JUL 17, 2005
A very good dark. I wish it was available at more than just the Bavarian Inn. I guess I will have to come back more often to enjoy this dark.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
BigNasty (55) - South Lyon, Michigan, USA - SEP 16, 2005
With the high quality of beers I’ve had from the Frankenmuth area, I was quite frankly disappointed with this. The aroma and appearance were OK at best, but the only flavor I got was burnt grain/strong coffee with a thin, watery mouthfeel. For flavors like that, I’ll stick to more nuanced and complex stouts that have a heavier feel on the tongue. Note: since Local Color closed, this beer is now brewed by Michigan Brewing Co. in Webberville.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
dwh50 (47) - Clay, New York, USA - JUL 15, 2007
Pours very dark with very little head that disappears almost instantly. Deep roasted malt, slightly bitter with a hint of coffee. Alcohol is undetectable. Easy to drink, but thin in body. I do not expect bo buy it again.