overall
Brewed by Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu (InBev)
Style: Dunkelweizen
Munich, Germany
Serve in Stein, Weizen

RATINGS: 1575   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.37   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Deep and dark colored, cloudy with yeast. Brewed with a darker roasted malt which adds some maltiness to the refreshing flavour of the Hefe-Weissbier.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Radek Kliber (6379) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - JAN 7, 2003
Great wheat aroma. Rich, soft slightly acidic. Huge thick head (normal for such beer), dark cloudy amber. Soft upfront with richer middle. Creamy but light, maybe a bit to light. A bit boring aftertaste, end is missing each riches, sadly. Great looking beer with great aroma, with slightly weak finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Racegoer (352) - Indiana, Indiana, USA - JAN 1, 2003
Wheat not really my favorite style.Absolutley High malt, dark and rich, better than expected hops, I like it

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Frank (2783) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 26, 2002
Cloudy, almost muddy brown color. Decent head but with no lacing. Flat but slightly thick on the palate. Weak wheaty malt flavor mirrored in the aroma. However, yeast is the most predominant aspect of this beer. Short finish with a minimal amount of hops.

scpullen (25) - Hitchin, Herts, ENGLAND - DEC 26, 2002

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
cb (810) - Roeland Park, Kansas, USA - DEC 22, 2002
They went a little crazy on the yeast I think, at least in my sample. I realize what a beer with less than adequate hops tastes like now.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
grant (842) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - DEC 22, 2002
I wish I could write extensive, descriptive comments about this beer, but I just taste malt, wheat and yeast with little hops. Huge piles of light, pillowy beige head. Mild undertones of spice, including coriander and nutmeg. Not bad.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
hopscotch (8915) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - DEC 7, 2002
This beer rocks. Please refer to the commercial description as I took no notes while drinking it. However, if you enjoy other Dunkels that I have rated highly, this one should not disappoint.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
mpbro (132) - Stanford, California, USA - NOV 29, 2002
A decent example of this style. Without a doubt the most commonly available dunkel-weisse in the US. You can find better examples on a Bavarian countryside tour.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
DaSilky1 (2606) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 21, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 22, 2003 7/5/02: The head escaped my glass and came after me like a venomous snake! cloudy swampy/murky mysterious color, head finally settled dented, unsemetrical, and creepy...aroma was wheaty, spicy, yeasty...spicy, nutmeg/coriander flavor but remaining more full bodied than the usual wheat or witbeir, spicy but refreshing...Re-Rate 8/1/02: I don't like this style I really don't, I bought it thinking I hadn't had it, drank a sip, saw that I had already rated it and dumped the rest..just isn't my thang..

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
lovibond (115) - New York, USA - NOV 19, 2002
Usually this is quite nice. Sometimes it tastes like bandages. Caveat emptor, as they say.