overall

Bottle: Unfiltered
Franziskaner Weissbier Naturtrub Premium Hefe-Weissbier
From Munich Since 1363
Ingredients: Water, Wheat Malt, Barley Malt, Yeast, Hop Extract
The original fresh wheat beer taste. Franziskaner Hefe-Weißbier Naturtrüb is a natural and elegant Weissbier from Bavaria with a lush white foam. The copper golden wheat beer unfolds with an aromatic fragrance and harmonious banana and citrus fruits.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
jahmokie (15) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 18, 2006
Smooth, simple, satisfying. A nice fruity scent, with a nice wheat finish. I had this beer from the tap, so I can’t speak to the bottled version.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
xproudfoot (750) - Paleolithic, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 16, 2006
Corn, corn, corn. bitter, cold, wet, sharp. did I mention how much this tasted liek corn? Possibly unfresh, but it was from the tap. This is what woudl happen if wheat tasted like corn. I don’t like it one bit. Tastes like the bud of hefeweissen.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
sersdf (1020) - chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 16, 2006
UPDATED: JUN 1, 2006 decent. been trying lots of hefe’s lately and i’ve decided 2 things: Piece Top Heavy is the best, and hefe’s are a whole lot better on tap than from a bottle. this one is a lot more wheatgerm flavored.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
burpfrank (299) - carpinteria, California, USA - APR 15, 2006
I have tried this before a few times.I liked it better the last time I tried it.Perhaps I have had much better ones since.I thought this was a bit too sour tasting for me.It had a good body of flavor and decent head.I think I would have picked another beer before I would drink this,but it still tasted better than most of the common beers available in our local area bars and stores.Perhaps I will have to re-rate it in the future.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
troyc (2870) - Illinois, USA - APR 11, 2006
(0.5L Bottle) I have tried this beer many times before, but didn’t sit down to rate it until now. Hazy with a nice, lasting head. Noticeable banana taste, with a slight vanilla aftertaste. Overall a very smooth, drinkable beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
LDawg (72) - Rockport, Texas, USA - APR 2, 2006
31mar06 one bottle for 2 dollars. golden honey wheat, filling taste and round finish

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
microakes (160) - CANADA - APR 2, 2006
cloudy, golden appearance, clean taste. a good drink. I can’t think of a reason to not drink it

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mcnally (114) - Burbank, California, USA - APR 1, 2006
Compare this beer to the dunkel version and I like this one much better. Very light and refreshing. Lively feeling in the mouth and looks great. Good with a nice steak.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Oycpff (93) - USA - MAR 29, 2006
Bottle: Pours hazy yellow with large white head. Aroma of Bread like yeast and cloves wiith no trace of hop smell. Tastes a bit like chewing on a piece of bread

gnoff (9509) - Mölndal, SWEDEN - MAR 29, 2006
50 cl bottle from Swedish "Systembolaget" on March 24.
Very hazy, clear yellow color, very large white creamy head. Smells typical from wheat, the cirtus and almost banana fruity scent. Frsh and sour taste, feels like a perfect summer beer to clench your thirst in the sun. Works in winter too of course :)